"Louis, go to your room"

"But mommy, I drew a picture of you and me and daddy"

"What, did you also draw that picture of that stupid bitch hes cheating on with me?!"

I moved out of the way as mommy threw her bottle at me and missed, hitting the glass vase of flowers behind me.

"Louis, see what you did! You broke my flowers!"

"Im sorry mommy, I didnt want to get hit!"

"come here louis!!"

I stepped back as I saw mommy get off the couch and walk towards me, her pretty brown eyes now very dark and having water come out of them.

Mommy used to look so pretty, her orange hair always done in pretty swirly thingys with a little bow on top. Her eyes looked pretty too, the color of the caramel ice creams daddy used to buy me when he wasn't busy with work.

"I said go to your room!!"

I dropped my drawing when mommy pushed me away from her and slapped my cheek.

Mommy had turned very mean.

"m-mommy"

Water came out my eyes too as mommy picked up my drawing and destroyed it in her hand, throwing it at the wall when she was done.

"You're useless you know that! You know how hard me and your dad tried to make you for you to be such an spoiled brat! thats why your dad doesnt love you and now, me either! because of you!"

"mommy. im sorry"

"Get out of my face, I dont want to see you! you're not my son, you're a disgrace."

"but m-mommy, I-I love you."

"Get out!!!"

I ran away as mommy raised her hand at me like she always did when she tried to hit me with her fist. I went to my room and locked the door, going to bed and covering myself with my blankie.

Water came out my eyes for a long time and I didnt know why. maybe being sad made water come out peoples eyes and thats why mommy had water coming out of her eyes too.

mommy was sad.

I didnt want mommy to be sad.

I got out of bed again and took another piece of paper to draw, drawing the flowers I had broke in the living room.

Maybe that would make mommy love me again.

"Louis come here!!!!"

mommy yelled out from the living room and I put my crayons down, knowing mommy didnt like waiting.

I ran to the living room and stopped at the door when I saw a lady standing by the couch where mommy was laying on.

The lady looked weird, only wearing black and white and covering her whole head. I wondered what color her hair was.

"Hello Louis, its nice to meet you. Im Theresa"

The lady waved at me and I stayed quiet, looking at mommy who was not paying attention and opening another bottle.

"Oh, and happy birthday! Five years.....wow you're getting big."

"What? Its his birthday?"

Mommy looked at the lady confused and I did the same.

It was my birthday today?

"Bless your soul, Haley. I hope you will see the light someday and realize what huge mistake you are doing."