Lynx

Winter woke up to find Qibli, his roommate, looking at a piece of paper and smiling. "What are you doing Qibli?" He asked.

Qibli jumped. "Winter! You scared me!" He said.

"That doesn't answer my question. What are you doing?" Winter repeated.

"Reading a letter." Qibli answered.

"Who's it from?" Winter asked suspiciously.

"Moon." Qibli said. Winter's heart jumped. Moon. No. Winter, no. You do not love her. Stop it, Winter! Ugh. But I do love her.... no. She's with Qibli. I can't be with her. You have to find someone else! But who... no one can replace Moon! She's so perfect.... UGH! WINTER STOP IT! STOP THINKING ABOUT HER! Winter thought, fighting with himself.

"Oh. Nice. Well, we'd better be getting to our classes." Winter said after a moment of silence and thinking about Moon.

"K." Qibli said. "We've both got Bio. With Professor Mastermind....."

"What? But Cobra is our teacher!" Winter said.

"She went to jail, Mastermind is our substitute until they find a new teacher." Qibli explained.

"Mastermind is terrible." Winter grumbled.

At Biology...

"Hello! Today we will be--" Mastermind was cut off as the door swung open, and a girl with blonde hair that was almost white, with beautiful bright blue eyes, a white T-shirt,  white pants, and a bright blue hoodie that matched her eyes.

"Um, hi. I'm Lynx, and I'm looking for the SandWing bio class...." She said shyly.

"That would be here. Um, I don't remember a SandWing named Lynx." Mastermind said.

"Well, I was supposed to be an IceWing, but the rules there are so much more different and strict than the other parts of the school,  so I asked Thorn, and she told me I could be with the SandWings." She hunched her shoulders, embarrassed.

"Oh!" Qibli said. "Just like Winter!" Winter felt her beautiful blue eyes on him, and looked up from his homework, which he had been doing for the beginning of class because e had forgotten to do it the night before. He met her eyes, and then felt as though he could never look away. Winter no. He thought to himself You can't replace Moon! But it was too late. She'd stolen his cold heart from Moon. Sort of. "Um.... Winter, you're staring." Qibli whispered. Winter blushed and looked back down at his homework.

Lynx POV

Lynx smiled. He was kind of cute, that Winter guy. He ran away from the IceWings too? Why? She thought.

"Lynx, you can sit with Qibli and Winter for now, okay?" Mastermind said.

"Oh. Okay." She said, and went over to them.

"Anyways. As I was saying...."

later....

"Thorn?" Lynx pushed open the door to the principal's office.

"Lynx! How has your day as a SandWing been going?" Thorn asked, smiling.

"Great! Qibli and Winter are really nice." Lynx answered.

"Yes, I know Qibli as he is my adopted son, and I thought it would be nice for you to have another ex-IceWing as a roommate." Thorn explained.

"Great! That sounds reasonable." Lynx smiled. Thorn was so much nicer to her than Glacier had been.

Lynx went back to her knew home. Qibli was doing his homework, and Winter was sitting on the couch, looking bored. "Hey Winter!" Lynx called from the door. He looked up. "Do you want to do something? You look bored." He thought for a moment.