two

due to the day priors event, dropping Cali off the next morning was awkward. i had tried to make her look presentable, her hair down with a gold headband and a black and white striped dress on. she had on low pink converse as well. as for myself, i didn't care what i looked like. i had on leggings, the same converse as Cali, and a white camisole with a black bralette under it.

ever since i called brendon attractive, eve hasn't left me alone about it. she had facetimed me in the car, calling me a 'total slut!" because i had chosen to wear a bralette. "mr urie!" cali said excitedly as we pulled into the parking lot. she grabbed her bag, running into the kindergarten. it was then i realized we were the first ones to come in today.

brendon was at his desk, in his total teacher getup. i looked at him for too long, he got up. fuck. "hey! how are you?" he asked, he was too nice. "i'm okay, yourself?" i asked, unable to keep a smile off my face. i internally yelled at myself, trying not to come off friendly. "i'm great." he said. "this is going to sound super weird...but have we met before?" he asked.

my heart felt like it had stopped. "uh, maybe?" i said. if i was going to find out who the hell cali's father was, i might as well cozy up to brendon. "you toured with fall out boy" i said bluntly. "yes" he said, an awkward undertone in his voice. "lilly barnes" as soon as i said my name, his eyes widened.

"holy shit! lilly barnes! that's your name!" he said, excitedly. "my friend dallon has been looking for your friend ellie for years!" that sentence made me snort. "her names not actually ellie, it's eve. that's probably why he hasn't found her" i laughed. eve insisted on using a fake alias, mainly because she knew if her strictly mormon parents ever found out what she had done they'd literally disown her.

brendon nodded. it was awkward, so i went with my gut and blurred out something i'd sure regret later. "we should get coffee this afternoon, us four i mean. yanno, for eve and dylan's sake"

"dallon" he said, laughing. "right..right. dallon" i said, acting as if eve and i didn't stalk their band online for hours last night.

"today at four sound good?" he asked, a little smile refusing to leave his face.

"yup, sounds good to me" i nodded. "bye cali" i said, my daughter running over and hugging me. i kissed her on the cheek, said my final goodbye, and i was out.

-
"fuck fuck fuck!" i screamed, running to my car and slamming the door. "fuck!" i screamed one more time, slamming my hands down on the steering wheel.

i called eve, her picking up facetime while she was in bed. "eve!!" i screamed, driving like a crazy person. "what?" she asked, half awake. "i'm such a fucking idiot!" i said, facepalming. "what? why?" she asked, laughing at my flustered state.

"we're getting coffee with brendon and his stupid friend who's obsessed with you. today. at four" i said, earning a squeal from eve.

"operation find cali's dad is a go!" she said, smiling ear to ear. "no! this is a dumb idea!" i said. "either way, that dallon guy and i are gonna have a fabulous time at coffee. i remember him, quite well" she said, doing disgusting hand motions.

"ew!" i said, laughing at her and flipping her off.

"find the baby daddy!" she started to chant. going against everything i had just shouted, i smirked and began to fistpump the air.

"we're coming for you, panic! at the disco!"