"Yeah, and who's fault is that...?" Jaden muttered, and glared at Mrs. Bundt, who was still talking with her friends.

"She did her best," I said quietly. "I don't blame her. There was no reason for her to give a damn about me – I was just a stranger to her, and still she did all that for me..." I looked at Mrs. Bundt as well. "It's not like she's my mom..."

All I really cared about was the fact that she cared about me. She had taken care of me for all these years, and I trusted her judgement. I couldn't remember much about being in the mental hospital, so I clearly wasn't in the right state of mind to learn about all this. Even now it was a struggle to let it all sink in without feeling panicky or wanting to escape from it all.

At that point I realized I was still hugging Jaden, so I stepped back and turned to look at Arch. Tilly was now sitting next to him, brushing his overly long mohawk slowly. He didn't look well at all.

"Is he going to be all right?" I asked, and Jaden let out a heavy sigh.

"It's really bad this time, so... I don't know..." he said.

"It doesn't look like a nice ability to have to be honest. I mean, how is that useful if he's too sick to fight or even get away from danger?" I asked.

"She said she hasn't met anyone who gets sick," Tilly muttered, using her sleeve to wipe off some of the sweat on Arch's face. "Maybe this isn't supposed to happen?"

"Yeah, that's what I've been thinking as well," Jaden said.

There was suddenly a knock on the door and we all turned to stare at it.

"It's us – let us in," I heard a woman's voice at the other side, and to my surprise, it was Jaden and Tilly who relaxed first.

"How did she know we're here?" Tilly spoke, while Mr. Bundt went to open the door.

"I sent a message to Alpha Rayleigh," Mrs. Bundt said, while a tall, short-haired woman stepped in, following Mr. Bundt towards us. She was wearing something that looked a lot like green leather armor that covered everything else except her head.

"When?" I asked. "I didn't see a phone?"

"Not that kind of message, dear," she said with a smile. "I asked a spirit to contact him."

"How is it possible," the tall woman said, stopping in front of Jaden, "that when there is someone in our pack getting involved with Walkers, it's you three."

"Huntress," Jaden bowed his head a little.

She turned her gray eyes towards Arch, and her already cold expression turned colder. "It's bad, isn't it?"

"Yes," Tilly said, and stood up as well, facing the woman. "Why are you here?"

"The alpha took his warriors and is heading to Thorns' land as we speak. He sent us to protect you," she said.

"Us?" Tilly repeated.

"My hunters," she said, and finally turned her eyes at me. "This is the boy?"

I shivered under her gaze, feeling smaller than ever before. I tried to stand straight and not look like a complete coward, but that woman was almost terrifying. But... there was something familiar in her aura.

"His name is Oliver," Tilly said. "Thorns were after him."

The woman stared at me for a moment, measuring me from head to toe, before she finally spoke, "You seem like you could use a big cup of hot chocolate. I'm Aurora."

Chocolate. She was Tilly's mother. That was why her aura was so familiar! She even looked a lot like her!

"They're going after Thorns?" Tilly asked her, and she nodded.