Chapter 4

Najenda:"All right, I understood the situation."

We were all together in the main room, all Night Raid.

Tatsumi and I stood in the middle, under the eye of the boss, Najenda.

I can't say I wasn't nervous.

Najenda:"I must say, I'm very surprised about what I read in the raports. Specially in your case, Y/N."

I didn't react at her words. I wanted her to ask explanations by herself.

Najenda:"But even Tatsumi has some skill. Until now, Akame never failed to kill a target, and I'm currently looking at two people who survived. One by luck, an important skill for an assassin, and the other by...unknown reasons."

Mine:"I still can't believe that he survived at Murasame after taking a hit."

Leone:"And yet it's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

Akame:"Along with something else."

I gave a brief look at Akame. She still had that stare on me.

Najenda:"Right. That transformation and the way you killed that girl with a look."

Me:"It's not correct to say I killed her."

Everyone focused on me.

Mine:"What!? You're saying she's still alive!?"

Me:"She is, physically. But she won't wake up anymore."

Tatsumi:"W-Why, what did you do to her?"

Me:"...I burned her soul."

Everyone but Akame and Najenda gasped at my statement.

Akame:"How did you do it?"

Me:"The Penance Stare. I force those who are guilty to suffer all the sins and pain they made, all of it together."

Najenda:"Can you prove it?"

Me:"Not without a demostration."

Everyone but Akame stepped back. Najenda made a little smile at the scene.

Najenda:"Interesting, I must say. But how can you do it? Is it your teigu?"

Me:"I don't know what you're talking about. I have these powers after my blood was fused with the blood of a demon."

Lubbock:"W-Who do you think to trick!? There's no such things as demons, ghosts or zombies!"

I turned to him with a serious glare. He backed away a little.

Me:"Let me ask you something..."

I transformed in front of him. All the people who didn't see me the first time went on defensive. Najenda didn't react.

Me:"...does this seem a 'trick' for you? Because I'm not laughing. In fact, this is only a curse."

I kept staring at him with my 'eyes'. He fell down, shaking like a leaf, and I turned back to normal.

Najenda:"...Very impressive. Does this 'curse' have a name?"

Me:"Yes, it's called 'being special'. I'm Y/N L/N, the Ghost Rider."

We looked each other for a while, then she closed her eye.

Najenda:"...Very well."

She raised her metallic arm to Tatsumi and I.

Najenda:"Y/N, Tatsumi, do you want to join the Night Raid?"

Tatsumi:"If we refuse, you'll kill us, right?"