Chapter 38

I stared at the big guy ready to any move.

I remembered Najenda said Budo was someone to not underestimate.

Shyura:"Hey! You came just in time, old flash. I leave them to you."

He advanced to me.

Budo:"With your rebel acts, you betrayed the Empire. Your fate will be executed by my teigu."

He removed his cape and showed a giant armor covering his chest, arms and hands.

Budo:" 'Thunder God's Rage: Adramelech."

He went to punch me and I answered with a punch myself.

The impact was high, but I felt pain on my hand. I noticed there was electricity around his fist.

I used all my power, ignoring the pain and pushing him back a little.

I held my arm tight. It hurted a little.

Lubbock/Tatsumi:"Y/N!"

Me:"Shit. It pinches."

Budo:"Oh. It's been so long since I met someone who could push me back. Pheraps I should fight seriously."

Tatsumi:"Incursio!"

Lubbock and Tatsumi came at my side.

Lubbock:"Things went really bad. We must work together."

Tatsumi:"In a 3 vs 1 he has no choice."

And it came again. That disgusting feeling of death.

Me:"...No, I'll deal with him alone."

Tatsumi:"What!?"

Lubbock:"You can't be serious!"

Me:"I said alone. You two instead deal with that guy."

I pointed at Shyura, who was watching with interest.

Me:"He shouldn't be a problem, since he can just make portals. While I take the big guy, focus on him."

Lubbock:"Hmmmm...as much as I hate it, it is sensed..."

Me:"Then go!"

I dashed to Budo and grabbed him, taking him away from the others.

When I reached an empty zone, I threw him against a tree, but he crashed it with a kick and landed without problem.

Budo:"Mph. Taking me away to protect your comrades. Smart move."

Me:"If you knew it, why did you let me?"

Budo:"Because it's useless. None of you will escape. Beside, I'm curious to see the power of the demon skull."

I tilted my head in confusion.

Me:"How did you call me?"

Budo:"Some soldiers saw you the night when one of you Night Raid died. The way they desctibed you was absurd, but since there were so many witnesses, it couldn't be a fake news."

He was probably talking about Sheele's death. Lucky me I never showed my chains in normal state.

Me:"Well, if you're done talking attack whenever you like!"

Budo:"I don't need you to say that!"

He punched the ground and a thunder came at me. I rolled away in time to evade it.

Me:'He's strong, but when he attacks he let his guard out. So I must be fast.'

I dashed to him and he tried to punch me with that electric fist.

I slipped under his legs and attacked him from behind, but he moved the other arm blocking my kick.

I used it to jump away attack him with my chains, but he was parrying them all.

I went at him with the chains around my fist, as a drill. Our punches collided, but his attack was stronger than the previous one.

That time, despite the strong impact, none of us backed away.

Budo:"Tell me boy, what's your name? Unless assassins have no name at all."

Me:"I'm not an assassin. I'm the spirit of vengeance. The Ghost Rider."

He kept staring at me, lost in his train of thoughts.

Me:"Now let me ask something. I can see you're a man of honor. So why are you serving this corrupted Empire?"

He raised his hands in a weird pose, then he stomped the ground.

Budo:"It's my duty to protect this kingdom and destroy all those who try to taint it. And for that..."

He joined his fists together. Electricity was spreading all around his body. He was trying to attack.

Budo:"...I must destroy you!"

He raised the hands to the sky and everything became white. I was screaming in pain.

It was like if dozens of thunders were hitting me all together.

When it ended, I was on my knees, coughing.

Budo:"Very impressive. Not many people survived that attack. Even less were still awake."

Everything hurted like hell. It wasn't like Hades'ball, but it was close.

I slowly stood up, surrounded by my chains.

Budo:"I suggest you to give up, or I'll execute you right now."

I clenched my fist ant took my stance, panting.

Me:"...I could keep up...all day..."

Budo:"You're so stubborn...but maybe I don't need to fight you."

Me:"What...do you mean?"

Tatsumi:"Y/N!"

I turned back and saw something I didn't want to.

We were surrounded by sodiers, some pointing their spears at Tatsumi, captured and without Incursio.

Budo:"As you see, you don't have many options."

Me:"Tatsumi...wait...where is..."

But the tears in his eyes answered enough. I gave a look behind the soldiers...

...and saw Lubbock, impaled on various spears on the ground.

My bad feeling was true. Again.

I clenched my mist with rage and all the pain disappeared.

Budo:"What will you do now? Think careful, if you want to save your comrade."

Me:"What indeed."

I stared at Budo.

Me:'If I try to attack him, the soldiers will kill Tatsumi...'

I turned to the soldiers.

Me:'If I try to attack them, the big guy will throw an other thunder...'

I gave a look to all the soldiers around.

Me:'It would be useless trying to attack everybody in my current condition; my bike would be useless here...'

I finally turned to Tatsumi.

Me:'And if I try to use an explosion, I would hit Tatsumi now he doesn't have Incursio.'

I finally stared the ground.

Me:'Wich means I don't have other choice.'

I raised my hand and returned normal shocking everyone, including Budo.

Me:"Fine. I give up. Just don't hurt him."

Tatsumi:"Y/N...no..."

Budo:"Wery well. Someone of you tells the minister what happened. The others come with me. I'll take these prisoners in their jail personally."