Chapter Two - Priya's Day

"hey priya!"
it's most probably jill linklyn, my favourite customer.
"yeah?" i don't wanna reply. my throat feels like...
like...
i dunno, sandpaper. and my eyes are watering.
so?
so, I'm a mechanic. and a mechanic can not be seen crying.
but i still answer, and despite my hardships, i thump downstairs in my army boots. i slide open all 4 bolts and swing open the door. sure enough, it's jill.
"fix my bike up for me would you? whole tree fell down in the road. all of a sudden, broke off from it's trunk! just be thankful you don't fix cars."
with that, she darts off, blonde dreadlocks flying behind her.

trudging down to the garage, there's a thought niggling the back of my mind. the fallen tree - it just doesn't add up. it's a sunny day today, with no wind at all. and it can't have been cut down! jill woulda noticed! feeling like a top-notch detective, i let the smell of oil and gears envelope me, cleaning away all my thoughts as i sit down to fix the bike.

"i told ya, didn't i?"
dad and his gang are back, and I've fixed the bike. two things which do not mix.
"right, jay?" jay nods, "I TOLD HER! i pacifically told her NOT TO MIX WITH THE DAUGHTER OF OUR RIVAL'S LEADER! get out, you're a disgrace, you are."
i don't budge.
"an' i atlantically told you i'm my own person."
his bloodshot eyes almost pop out of their sockets as cogs clunk to life inside his head.
"i won't have that kinda cheek in this home. OUT!"
for about a minute we stand there, shoulders squared, not blinking. i hate him. and right now, i think that he thinks the same about me.

i need to talk to jill. i wanna know what happened. what really happened.