Chapter 9

Sorry for these slow updates, busy life and all. Hope you enjoy. :)

Days passed since Ellie was kidnapped and I broke some ribs. Though I was better, walking almost normally, with little pain, and looking around the forest. "Think we're almost there?" Ellie asked about California and I shake my head.

"No, California isn't for a long while." She nods as we keep walking. "Hey look, there seems to be a town." I point and Joel comes up behind me.

"We can check it, though I doubt they'll be a working car." I roll my eyes and look at him.

"Or you know some food." He nods as we keep walking. Then I notice something slip into my hand and it was of course Ellie's hand. I look at her and smile as she does the same. After another ten minutes we were in the town.

"Ok, there might be some bandits," Joel says. "Don't wander off. And if you do stick together." Joel says as he walks towards a rusty looking car. "I'm going to check this car." He says and the we nod.

"Joel, we'll looking in this store." Ellie says and Joel looks up and sees where the red head was pointing. He nods smashing fine as we head over there.

"So, I'm hoping there is some canned peaches." I say looking around the broken store.

"Looks like nothings here." Ellie says smirking.

"Yeah?" I was then curious and confused. "So?"

"So?" She then pins me to a wall and looks me in my (e/c) eyes as I look into her forest green eyes. She then leans forward and kisses me. I smiled and kiss back holding her hips close towards me. Then I flip us over so she was against the wall and I took dominants. She moans as I rub her sides and hips. Then I put my tongue in her mouth and we didn't fight but danced with our tongues.

"Girl!" Joel yells as we break green and take in air. "Found anything?" He yells again.

"No not yet!" I yell back smirking at Ellie. "We'll be done in a bit!"

"Nice one, (Y/N)." Ellie says as they start looking around. There were shelves knocked over and tables flipped, things were definitely in here. I then stop as I see a door. Walking towards it, I pull out my knife, I lean against the door and listen for anything. To my luck I heard nothing, though there might be something.

I open the door quietly and tap the side of the door frame, nothing was heard. Then I walk non and saw how dark it really was, I take my flashlight out and saw a small break room. My body stopped as I saw a fist aid kit on the desk. My body walks towards it and opens it. There was then a beeping.

"Shit!" I then bolt out and saw Ellie. "Ellie!" She looks as I jump on top of her and brought her towards the ground holding her. There was then a explosion as we landed on the ground. My ribs screamed at me for being a idiot but my mind focus on Ellie being safe. "Ellie, you alright?" I say sitting up looking at her. She just looked at me shocked and grabs my checks and brought me down for a passionate kiss.

"Girls!" We then break away making me slowly get off of her. "Are you alright?" He asked us as I helped Ellie up, as she got to her feet and hugged me tightly as I hugged back tightly also.

"Th-Thank you, (Y/N)."

"Of course." Joel then walks towards us and sighs.

"We have to get going." He says. "Good news," He says making me look at him as Ellie let's go of me and stand next to me. "The car con run, probably." I frown as she lightly smiles. "All we need is some gas to be sure, but it'll be hard since we just made an alert of where we are."

"It was my fault." I say upset. "I found a first aid kit but it ended up being a trap." Ellie puts her hand on my shoulder as I smile sadly. "But you're right, we have to move." Joel nods as he looks at Ellie.

"Still ok?" He asked and she nods.

"I'm better now." Then we headed out of the store and towards a different one, hoping for some gas. I was searching behind a desk when I heard something.

"Think we caught anyone?" I hear a males voice. "I hope, I'm starving!" Said a lady. A cold shiver ran up my spine. I walk out of the room and went to Joel.

"There people outside, and I don't think they're Bandits." Joel looks at me and pulls his gun out. "I think they're Vultures." He looks at me confused.

"Vultures?" He asked and I nod.

"They eat people." I say. "I ran into some a few years ago...ugh they almost killed me and my parents." I shiver again as we heard them arguing. "Where's Ellie?" I whisper and she comes behind me holding my hand.

"Here."

"We have to find gas and get out." Joel says he hands a pistol to Ellie and looks at me. "Still got yours?" He asked as I show it.

"Yeah." He nods and looks out.

"We will have to fight our way out."