Chapter 8

"I don't know." Joel says and looks down. "But these tracks should tell us." I nod as I held my side, still in pain.

"Where's our horse's?" I asked with a cracked voice.

"They must've took them, we have to get going." Joel says as he starts to walk. Me on the other hand started to limp my way. He looks at me and sighs. "You can't walk." He says and I groan.

"I'll be fine Joel it doesn't even-" My rib then shot with pain and I yell holding it and holding Joel's shoulder, and me lifting my injured foot up.

"You ain't." He then looks around and sighs. "Here I'll carry you for a while until we find something." He says and I sigh.

"I'm light, but let's hope we find something." He kneels down and I slightly hop on and he gets up and we start to walk. "Thanks Joel." I say and I lean my head in his shoulder tired.

"I should be thanking you, you saved my life." He says and made me slightly smile as I close my eyes. "I should of trusted you, but I didn't, I'm sorry."

"It's fine southern man, no hard feeling."

"Southern man?" He says in a dump way.

"You have a southern accent."

"How would you know?"

"Joel, I know." I feel him twice his head back and sighs.

"(Y/N), you can't sleep. You might...not wake up, you're still spiking a fever." He says to me and I sigh and open my eyes, half way. "Good. Now tell me something of yourself."

"When I was seven...my parents abandoned me." I said not caring. "I wanted a pet name Johnny, it was why I named my horse that."

"Johnny is an interesting name." Joel says. "Why Johnny?"

"It was my father's name." I said sadly. "Before he left me, he cared so much about me. He would always tell me stories of how the world used to be, and so many more things. Then one day they just left." My eyes started to water as I spoke. "So I wanted to name something because it would remind me of my old loving father, not my absent father."

"I'm sorry." Joel says. "I had a daughter. Before everything happened."

"What happened?" I asked curiously. "If you don't mind me asking."

"When it first start, she was so scared. The neighbor broke in and I had to kill him. I took her to the car with my brother and we drove off. We were in town and we crashed." Joel takes a deep breath in and let's it out. "Then I had to carry her, she broke her leg. So we ran away from the infected and a soldier was there. I told him we were infect and she was hurt. He nods and talks to his boss over a communicator. They must've told him to shoot us. So he did."

I gasp, it was sad taking someone's life, but a child's life. You'd had to be a monster. "I turn around as fast as I could, and Tommy shoot him once he found us. Then I look at her and she was shoot. I tried everything I could but she died in my arms." He then began to cry. "Sarah was her name, she was my everything."

"I'm sorry Joel." What could I say? That was all I could say.

"It's fine, I'm glade my girl doesn't need to see what the world has turned into." I nod in agreement and he keep waking. "Have you ever lost anyone like that?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said. "I didn't just lose my mother and father, but I also lost someone I loved a few years ago. We were both stuck at that place, being used. We always came to each other for everything." I then felt tears falling from my eyes onto Joel's shirt. "We then made a plan to escape, and as we were almost there, the boss' daughter came, she was going to kill her. So I did it. I ended her and we took off."

"Well did you love the person you killed?" He asked.

"No she was a real bitch." I said chucking. "I wasn't finished. So for a week we had fun and explored a lot. Until she got bitten. I, I had to end her because she didn't want to end up like those things. She told me that she was glade that it was me who loved her and was doing her that favor. After we said our good byes and shoot her."

"I'm sorry." Joel says. "She's in a better place."

"Yeah, maybe she watching over us, with your daughter."

"Yeah, maybe."  We talked for awhile and keep following the path. Then Joel stop. I try to look but he moves me so I was leaning against a tree.

"They made camp." Joel says. "I'm going to get Ellie and some pain meds for ya, stay here." I nod and Joel hands me a gun. "Incase." I nod and he quietly runs off.

I then move my body so I was hidden by a bush and I waited. I heard men saying some of their men's were down. I worried. Then I heard someone walking around her. "I'm taking a piss break." A man yells and steps right in front of me. He takes his pants off and I became frozen.

(A/N) The part in italics has sexual contexts skip if you're not interested.

"Come on kid, take it!" The man yelled and I cried. "Fine." He grabs the back of my head and forces his penis into my mouth. "Oh, that's the stuff girly." He says and moves his hips back and forth. "Ohh Yeah." He then goes faster and faster as I cried and cried.

I then snap out of it as he pees next to me. I had a discussed face. The man finishes and walks back and I groan. I then hear more commotion and see two people walk out. Ellie and Joel. Ellie's face has a huge bruise and her lip had a small scar.

"(Y/N)!" She whispers and hugs me as I scoot out of the bush.

"You ok Ellie?" I asked concern.

"I'm alright, they didn't do anything, but we better get going, this time on foot." She says and Joel comes next to Ellie.

"I got meds too, but they'll make you pass out, let's head away form here first." Joel says and crouches and I hop back onto him.

"You alright." Ellie asked as we walked away.

"Yeah." I said and lean my head down. "Do I still have a fever?" Ellie puts her lips onto my forehead and smiles onto my head.

"You're a little warm, but you'll be ok." It was then night and Ellie held a light out.

"A cart." Joel says as he walks to it. "You can ride in here for a while till you're better or if we have a car." I nod and was placed in there with Ellie. "Take the pill." I nod and take it and lean onto Ellie as she does the same.

"Thanks for saving me again."

"But I didn't."

"No, but you helped." Ellie kisses my fore head and we both rest peacefully.