Untitled Part 6

"Whoa! I think you shifted to my class on purpose. My high IQ suggests that purpose was me. At last, you have fallen in love with me." 

Simran seemed quite happy to see Benji sit with her.

"You as my purpose, You are not even close to being in my to-do list"  

Benji always found the counter to all her flirts but she also seemed to be able to find a comeback. It seemed they were made for each other if las they had met earlier. 

"Why will you add me in the to-do list when I am your 1-year plan" 

We all three laughed including Dheer. Dheer seemed to think that he was Simran's friend and crush too.

" I am bored goofing around with you. Elena Do you want to go out for a walk? Sorry, I mean I am going out for a walk until the teacher comes" 

" Want me to come" Simran replied. 

" No, I wanted to be alone but it is your choice" Benji smiled trying hard to hide his emotions.

Simran knew that being not able to talk to the person whom you talk to each minute was hard. It seemed hard for Elena too as Elena was about to get up too but stopped herself after looking at gloomy face of Dheer. She knew that becoming friend with Elena was easy but with Benji, she ought to get hurt. He was dangerously attractive but she loved Danger too. 

Elena smiled as she looked at Dheer, His face had turned depressed, feeling that Benji was trying to steal Elena from him. He was terrified of losing Elena to him but Benji changing his words made him smile relieving that it will not happen. 

They  both went out while Dheer and Elena continued their casual talk. Elena really seemed to have broken his barrier of being alone. 

"It is really hard for you to not talk to Elena." 

Simran tried to break the barrier to let some conversation flow too as all she did till this time was flirt with him.

"Yes, It is. When you are in the same class as someone who you know for 7 years, who you talked to daily but suddenly you just can't talk to them. That is really hard but we can talk all day at home so it doesn't count as that hard."

" What? You live together." She screamed as something has befallen her.

"Why? Is it that hard? We both live alone here."

" Yes, It is weird. It seems you are both in a live-in relationship"

She was petrified by the thought of both of them living alone in the house but Benji was nowhere affected by it.

" It is not until you find it weird. Our parents and Us are not finding it weird then why do you find it weird. Moreover, I was just joking, her grandmother also lives with us. Right at the moment, Her mom is also here." He just laughed looking at her changing of mood.

"You idiot! You are the worst kind of human being. You will surely go to hell"

" I am way worse than that. Hell! Where do you think I got kicked out from."

He smiled looking at her face. Yet, another person had broken his barrier of isolation other than Elena. He seemed to find it natural to talk to her.

" You idiot! Surely only Elena can handle you." 

She thought about how they both tackled each other. Surely, Elena and Benji were made for each other if he had not fallen for that mysterious girl he always chats with. She really wanted to meet the girl who stole his heart away.

{One week later}

{ Elena POV}

Both Simran and Benji were good at studies as the first unit test result showed; Simran was only next to Benji in rank. I was in the middle while Dheer had managed to come into top 10 too. It really hurts when your all friends are in the top of the class and you are not. I began to think that I was surely dumbest in front of all of them. 

The biggest surprise was Benji coming first, I knew about it but for others, it was like another god has arrived who just shined during exams. Simran was pestering him all day and he seemed to take it lightly. He seemed happy.  But alas, I couldn't congratulate him in front of everyone else.

Next Day, Benji was eating Nutella in the class.

"Hey Simran, I have a doubt." 

"What?" 

Simran seems to have taken it as a challenge to come first in the next exam. She talked less during class and was concentrating hard in the study. Benji was just being Benji.

"Why do they put an Expiry date on Nutella when it doesn't last a day? It is so tasty."

We three started laughing that even startled Dheer. He seemed to come closer to me as he thought Benji will steal me and I liked that jealousy. The teacher heard us laughing so he kicked all of us out of the class and that made me even happier. It was really difficult balancing between Best friend and Love. In my case, every time My best friend won. How can I ignore a guy who I am listening to for 7 years? It surely was difficult. 

 {Back to narrator}

Dheer seemed to be pissed at Benji but he couldn't stop himself looking up to him too. Benji was everything a girl would die for and Elena was surely falling for him. It made him sad but he felt relieved too that she would get a boy who will love her a lot. 

After class got over, Dheer looked too depressing as he heard them laughing outside the class. It was just him and her outside the class but now the circumstances had changed. 

"Sometimes I just want to die" Benji listen to dheer when he passes by him to sit on his chair.

"Do you know? To die means to disappear, It is not your pain that will disappear but It is your own existence" 

Dheer was startled and just closed his eyes and sat quietly. He never expected someone to listen to his thoughts and inner feeling. At last, He opened his eyes and looked at Benji. He decided to talk to him. 

" It is creepy when you are so happy a few years back but suddenly every dream of your breaks and you are thrown to the ground. When will life ever be fair to me." 

"When life will ever be fair? you ask. It will never be at least, as long as you are alive and my friend that is the reality." Benji replied. 

Every one of his replies made Dheer shake to his heart. Just when Benji was coming back to his desk, Both the girls arrived and heard Benji talking to Dheer. 

"Benji, Stop being rude to Dheer. Apologies to him now" Simran pinched Benji

"Why would I? I'm not rude. I just wasn't taught to politely pretend to be nice to people I can't stand." 

That answer was enough for Elena to drag Benji out of the class and beat him up but due to Dheer, all she could do was glare at him. Simran couldn't say anything to Benji after that so she just went to her seat. Elena did not stop glaring at him until he apologized. 

" Why are saying sorry when it was my mistake. You just helped me overcome it. Thanks, bro." Dheer extended his hands to shake hands to which Benji answered warmly. 

Simran knew that she had still far to go as their friendship was way deeper than she imagined and laughed at how Benji was afraid of Elena just like a husband is of a wife. It was nice too that Dheer started talking to Benji. 

Few days later, All of them become good friends until that fateful day.