Chapter 16: We got it

Beginne am Anfang

"What's up?" I ask keeping my gaze on the blonde girl, "I just got some bad news about the house" he admits softly making my heart drop. "They didn't take our offer did they?" I ask and I can hear him sigh on the other side.

"No" he breathes out, "But we can keep searching, we'll find one Maya, I promise" he assures me making me smile slightly. "I hope so" I say before biting my lip, "We will" he insists "Are you and Elli still at the studio?" I shake my head "No, we're at the mall getting some groceries and just walking around" I explain.

"Maybe I could join the both of you and we could have dinner there and maybe watch a movie?" he suggest "Sounds like fun" I admit "I'll tell Elli about our plan then" I say.

"I'll meet the both of you at the food court around 30 minutes maybe a little more"

"Okay" I agree. We both say our goodbyes and I hang up. "Elli" I say stopping the cart and turning to face the eight year old, "Yes mommy?" She answers making me smile, "That was daddy right?" I nod "You know the house we went to look at?" She nods "Well we can't have it, so we're going to keep looking at some new ones" I admit making her frown, "But I liked that house" she says sadly.

"Why can't we have it?" She asks with tear building up in her eyes. I sigh and kneel down, taking her hands in mine, "It complicated baby girl, I also really liked that house" I say lifting one of my hands and placing it on her cheek.

"But we'll find a better one I promise" She slowly nods and I smile wipping the tears that escaped her eyes. "But daddy's coming to meet us here and we're going to have lunch here and watch a movie" I admit "How does that sound?" I ask watching a wider smile pull at her lips.

"Really?" I nod, "Yeah" I reply.

Her eyes light up and she closes the distance between us, wrapping her arms around my neck and holding me tight. I hold her small frame and kiss her temple.

"I love you baby girl" I whisper before she pulls away to look at me, "I love you too mommy" she grins making me chuckle.

~🎭~

We're in the movie theatre watching How to train your Dragon 3 and as much as I love this movie, I can't seem to stay awake. Being 12 weeks pregnant is tiring, I can't even imagine how I'll be like when I'll enter my third trimester, I'll be beyond exhausted but glancing at Elli next to me and seeing how amazing she is makes me excited to have a baby, Elli's my motivation.

Luckily I'm sitting next to Josh so I'm snuggled against his side, extremely comfortable, I even get a few occasional forehead kisses ever 2 minutes or so.

I smile when Elli giggles at a funny part and the way her eyes light up when she watches her favourite character, Astrid in action.

Out of nowhere Josh's phone instantly starts ringing causing us to get glares from other people who were watching the movie. Josh quickly grabs his phone and answers the call whilst standing up and rushing outside the room making me furrow my brows at him.

"Who called him?" Elli asks making me shrug, "I have no clue" I answer. I focus back on the movie and wait for Josh to come back. When he enters the room, he has the biggest smile on his face and I'm utterly confused.

He sits next to me and I shift my body to glance at him. "We got to house" he whispers making my eyes widen and a loud gasp fall from my lips. I ignore the angry glances I'm getting and focus on what my boyfriend just said. "How I thought they declined our offer?" I ask confused.

"They did, but a family just backed out and we got it" he explain making a wide smile pull at my lips. "Oh my gosh!" I exclaim causing a few people to shush me, I roll my eyes and wave them off, "When can we move in?" I instantly ask making Josh chuckle, "We have to sign quite a few paper works but I think in 3 weeks or more" he admits making me smile brightly.

I attempt to keep my excitement within me throughout the rest of the movie to not disturb everyone even more than I already have. We got the house!

~🎭~

"Do I look fat?" I ask placing my hands on my bare stomach that's gotten larger. Josh chuckles and shakes his head, "Of course you don't look fat, you look gorgeous" he grins making me roll my eyes.

"I'm serious" I whine looking back down at my stomach. It felt weird to gain weight this fast, I usually always stayed in shape because of ballet, I constantly worked out.

"Maya" Josh sighs taking my hand and intertwining our fingers together, "You're pregnant not fat" I instantly frown and groan in annoyance, "I am fat" Josh looks at me completely confused.

"Did you not just hear what I said?" I shake my head and glance at him, locking my blue eyes against his. "You completely avoided my question and stated a fact, meaning I am what you failed to deny" I explain.

"You aren't fat" he states "Too late" I grumble making him chuckle, "Can you believe that in a month we'll be in our new house, in 7 weeks Elli will take part in her first Broadway show and in 28 weeks we'll have a baby?" He asks taking me by surprise.

It seemed surreal that all those things were going to happen in just that little amount of time. "Its crazy" I mumble turning my gaze to the ceiling as he nods, "Everything seems to be happening so fast".

"That's why we need to always stop once in a while and take a breath or enjoy the moment we're in."

I turn my head an look back up at him with a smile. "I love you" I say, he smiles and cups my cheek "I love you too gorgeous" he murmurs leaning down to press his lips against mine.

________________________
Quick apologies for not updating this book in a while, I sort of struggled finding ideas for this book and where I want it to go, but I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter.