Valentine's Hero

A/N: A little pre-valentine's fluff, head on over to my insta page : Jerriemixtape for updates or DMs :)

Finally Jade gets to turn off her laptop and turn her stress mode off for that matter, after she sent the final revisions of her paper to her professor.She pulled the infamous uni all-nighter and she was quite proud that she survived it. Now checking for the time, it was almost 8 am and her hunger triumphs her sleepiness as she was still coming down from the caffeine high which accompanied her the whole time.

Fixing herself a bit and putting on some sweatpants and her favorite parka, she strolled towards the small diner near the dorms. The brunette's vision was filled with couples and all things pink and red. Balloons, Stuffies, and Heart-shaped boxes. She checked her phone again and managed to notice this time that it was Valentine's Day, of course how could she forget.

Although Jade didn't really have plans to celebrate it, she did make a note of not going outdoors today because she didn't want to get hoarded into crowded places. Oh well, she was already here and was too hungry to walk back and just order take-out. Jade sighed and hoped that there'd be a decent place to sit in her regular diner.

The windows were plastered with heart-shaped cutouts and there were also quotes and messages written with glass markers from the inside by customers. It was cute, Jade thought maybe she could rack her brain with a lovely quote later that'll be appreciated by some love fool.

The diner was crowded, and even if there was a place to sit, it's just too loud for someone who had no sleep whatsoever.

"Hey darling, what can I get you?" the waitress asked Jade, obviously tired from the people she had to serve but cheery.

"Hey Tina, tea and some waffles with extra syrup to-go please." She smiled back. Tina was a working student and often made small talk, asking her how finals had been and told her she could sit in one of the booths while she waited for her order. Jade walked to the one beside the window and immediately picked up the pen, trying to look for an uncovered area to squeeze in.

In a small space between those she wrote

'So baby, baby,

Come and save me

Don't need those other numbers

When I got my number one.'

"Mind if I save you?" A voice behind Jade asked which made her jump. Her gaze landed on striking blue eyes belonging to a blonde already making herself comfortable on the other side of the booth.

The girl was holding a bouquet of roses on one hand and putting down a heart-shaped cake on the other. Her smile was beautiful Jade thought, but her current balancing act was comical.

"Excuse me?" Jade managed to croak out, kind of thrown by the way this blonde was interacting with her.

"Erm, the quote you wrote?" she pointed to what the brunette recently put on the windows, "I, Perrie Edwards, would like to volunteer." Perrie finished.

Jade shook her head, "Oh, I didn't mean anything by it, and by the looks of it you already have someone" she explained, laughing.

The sound was music to the blonde's ears and she couldn't help but smile, "Oh no, this," she defended, gesturing to the gifts "came from my sister. We make a big deal about being each other's Valentine's date since forever, but.." Perrie trailed off, picking a beautiful rose from the bouquet and Jade was watching her intently "would you like to be mine this year?" she asked sweetly, handing it to the brunette.

Jade didn't thought she could ever blush the way she did at that moment, how did this happen? a random beautiful lady flirting with her, in her sweatpants no less. As she reached for the rose, she felt her fingertips hold Perrie's a bit longer "I'm J—"

"Jade!" Tina exclaimed, appearing suddenly beside the booth, "here's your take-away, sorry for the wait" she apologized and placing the bag and cup in front of her. Before walking away, Jade saw her conspiratorial nod at Perrie.

"Ermm, you know each other?" Jade asked thinking maybe Perrie was a regular as well, but if she was she would've definitely noticed her.

At this, the blonde's expression turned sheepish and nodded. "Kinda um, she's my sister and she kept telling me about you all the time, how I should ask you to a date and all. Thought I'd try my luck that you'd be here today and give it a shot." She shrugged, wringing her hands nervously, thinking Jade would be offended for being in a sort-of setup.

This is it, the blonde thought as Jade stood up to pick up the food and her bag, she's going to leave. But to her surprise, the brunette held out her hand to Perrie.

"Yes." Jade answered.

"Yes?" Perrie repeated confused, she didn't know what she meant but her instinct told her to put her hand on Jade's and she felt this sensation you only feel if you've got a real connection with someone.

"Yes, I'd love to be your Valentine's date today. Would you like to join me in eating this take-away and probably falling asleep after? 'cause I honestly haven't had any sleep yet and wouldn't have remembered what today was if I didn't go out." Jade explained extensively in one breath. She can't tell why but she liked Perrie, so she wanted to give it a shot too.

The brunette was in fits as the blonde stumbled for words and eventually just nodded excitedly as she tried to get everything juggled on her hand while not letting go of the one holding Jade's.

After composing herself, Jade smiled across the diner to Tina and Perrie tried to make this thumbs up gesture but because of everything, it ended up more of a one shoulder shrug. They walked hand in hand across the campus, towards Jade's dorm and true to the brunette's proposition, they fell asleep at the end of the date.