"It's the half truth." Mom said.

I was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't worry, we'll tell you everything." Dad said looking back at me. I sat down on the bed, crossing my legs and facing them.

"It's true that our car got crashed, but luckily we didn't died. We were saved. But for the whole world we were dead." Mom said.

"But why would you both lie? I mean who lies about their own death?" I said.

"To save you and us from Amjad." Dad said.

"Chachu?"

"Yes, your Chachu. Amjad was not my own brother, he was my step brother. Your grandmother died at the time of delievering me and then your dada married again and had Amjad. There was nothing in between us. We grew up together, did school and college together just like any other siblings would do. Your dadi never treated me like her step son. The problem started when we came to know about the Will. When and how Amjad got involved with the Mafia no one knew, but when the Will was disclosed then we came to know that you are the holder of seventy percent while Zayal held thirty percent in every property." Dad said

"So Chachu is only after me for money? If that's so then I don't want any of these things, he can take all the money and leave us alone. At least we'll live in peace." I said.

"No, Hoorain, there's a twist. You see, according to the will the person who'll marry you will automatically be the holder of the seventy percent share of the property and not only that, he'll have the very much equality in every thing, in office also. Nothing can be passed unless and until you both sign the papers or agree to anything. While the girl who'll marry Zayal will also become the holder of thirty percent share, but still you'll be more powerful.

In short everything has to be done with your consent." Dad said.

I was shocked. I was totally shocked. I didn't have anything to say.

"But why was the Will this way? Why it was different for me and Zayal?" I said.

"That's because your Grandfather knew about the intention of your Uncle and Zayal!" Mom said.

"When your Uncle came to knew about the Will, he was very much calm and compose and in fact he was happy with the decision." Dad said.

"Your Chachu loved you, Hoorain. He had always treated you like his own daughter. He even wanted you and Zayal to get married and that was way before we got to know about the Will." Mom said.

"I remember!" I sighed "but then what went wrong? Why he suddenly became so negative?"

"He had been indulged in the crime so much that there was no way of pulling him out. He was only after money. He had become so greedy that even he would have killed someone. We had a hope that Zayal might be able to help out his father but who knew that he would be keeping all of us in dark by saying the he was completing his Masters, while he was learning skills in the Mafia World!" Dad said.

I gasped.

"They both became so greedy that now they wanted you only for money." Mom said.

"Me marrying Zayal will make him the holder of seventy percent share and also he holds thirty percent of his share, which automatically makes him the owner of our entire Industries and Mansions" I said

"Exactly" Mom said.

"Not only that, they both also made the deal with the Mafia people, that after all the legal papers are signed and transferred in Zayal's name, they're gonna sell you!" Dad said. His eyes red in anger as he clenched and unclenched his palm.