Chapter 31

"Miss Ahmed, Hold on" Sir shouted and my hand slipped.

Time stopped. The world stilled. Cars stopped. Voices fading away. The beating of the heart slowed. Everything happened in a slow motion, him panicking, my hands slipping.

I closed my eyes and prepared myself to answer all the questions that were going to ask to me in the grave, his hand caught my hand, jolting my eyes wide open.

His once blue eyes has now turned a darker shade of black, while his face depicting fear.

"Not so easily" he whispered making the beating of my heart faster. "I want you to help me, just close your eyes and have trust in me". He said making me blink many times.

Trust. Can this five letter word save me from hanging in the middle of the building? I closed my eyes, trusting in Trust. I am going to die, either this way or that way.

In one swift motion, I was pulled upwards, in someone's arms. My head buried in his chest, while his arms securely wrapped around my waist.

"Relax, I'm here now. No one can hurt you now" he said rubbing my back.

My heart was still beating wildly. I still couldn't believe that I'm alive.

"Shukran Ya Rabb" he muttered as he brought me more close to his chest. I inhaled not opening my eyes.

He nuzzled his nose in my neck, breathing the scent of my hair, shiver running down at my back. I heard someone opening the door, I tried to pull back, but he didn't let me to move even once.

"Not now, carry on with your work!!" He ordered and immediately I heard the door slamming shut, his grip tightening at my waist making me uncomfortable. I wiggled under his touch but he didn't budge.

"Please..." His voice shook.

His heart was beating rapidly against my palm, while I inhaled his colgne. I felt secure. Now, no one can hurt me.

"Do you have any idea what you made me go through now?" He said cupping my cheeks. "Look at me" he ordered, but I ignored. Two fingers placed under my chin made me look up. "What the hell were you even doin g here?" His face showing many emotions. His eyes a bit red, as if a tear has escaped. "Answer me" he roared making me jump.

"I-I was looking for a fi-file which had ten years of re-record" I said slowly.

"And who told you that only you have to find that file? You could have even asked someone" he said raising one of his eyebrows.

"It was my work."

"To hell with your work!!! You could have died, do you think it is a joke?" He held my upper arms, grip tightening. There was going to be bruise soon.

"It's hurting" I said, drops of tear falling. He quickly removed his hand.
"It wasn't my fault, I had almost found the file, but that shadow...he was here, right there, I saw him, I heard his footsteps, his wicked smile, the way he scared me." I mumbled.

"Are you freaking crazy??? Do you even know what you're saying? You're just hallucinating and that's all" he said making my blood boil. I stood up and marched towards him. My nose flaring, looking straight in his eyes.

My arms started rising on its own as I caught his collar from both of my hands tightly which made him jerked. The thing, which I'm gonna regret very badly.

"I am not MAD. I am a Normal girl. I am not Hallucinating. I saw that shadow with my own freaking eyes. For God Sake, I was hanging in the middle of this obnoxious building, not having any idea if I'm going to wake up or not and you think I'm crazy??