Chapter 15: The Date Part 1

A/N: Here's the date we've been waiting for. Enjoy!

Since this is the first date, Shoji felt be needed to dress casually. He wore an olive t-shit and gray hoodie with dark green shorts and runners. He walked towards the front door of Laura's home. He's nervous, he didn't show it—but he is. He knocks on the door, then later Laura was the one who opened it. She wore a yellow mini sundress and a jean jacket with converse shoes.

"Hey, Mezo." Laura greeted him with a smile.

"Hello, Laura," Shoji greeted back casually, hiding his excitement. "You look nice."

Laura's smile became brighter when Shoji complimented her. "Thanks! Let's go?" She asked. Mezo nodded and held his hand out to her for Laura to grab. Laura puts her hand onto Mezo's.

"So, where do you plan on taking me?" Laura asked.

"Well, I thought that we could go to the mo-" Mezo was interrupted by the sound of Laura's stomach growling. Laura blushes in embarrassment and chuckles nervously.

"Hehe. My bad..." she scratches the back of her head.

"We can go eat first," Mezo suggested.

"Anywhere will be fine." Laura chuckles as she holds one of Mezo's many hands.

From a distance, someone was watching them. It was none other than Mina and Toru. They also dragged Uraraka and Tsuyu with them.

"Why are do we have to be here?!" Uraraka whispers loudly at Mina and Toru.

"I wanna see if Laura's date turns out great!" Mina answers quietly for one of the four of them to hear.

"I still think we shouldn't be spying like this, ribbit." Tsuyu sighs.

As the four continued following Laura and Mezo, the two arrived at the restaurant. The restaurant was like a centuries-old ryōtei, making Laura feel nervous, despite having a wealthy guardian—she is still not used to the luxurious lifestyle. An old lady brought the two to a table. Mezo used one of his many arms to pull out a chair for Laura to sit on. Laura smiled at Mezo as thanks and sat down before Mezo pushed the chair a bit towards the table. Mezo then sits down on the chair across from Laura. The waiter later came to their table and handed them menus. They thanked the man before he walked off.

Laura was looking at the menu. Mezo was as well but made some glances at Laura. I should start a conversation. He thought to himself as he clears his throat. "Umm, Laura?"

"Yes, Shoji-kun?" Laura looks at Mezo.

"Just call me Mezo." He says.

"Are you sure?" Laura asked. Mezo then nodded. She smiled at him and said, "ok, Mezo."

Mezo felt his heart skip a beat. He remembers the first time she called him by his first name was during the obstacle race at the sports festival.

"Any other reasons that made you want to be a hero, Mezo-kun?" Laura asked him.

"Not really. I just wanna help people," Mezo answered simply. "I've been mistaken as the fighting type a few times before because of my large physique."

"You don't like fighting?" She asked.

"I'll fight if I have to. But to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of violence."

The waiter from before came back. "Ready to order?"

Laura and Mezo both nodded. "Yeah, I'll have the sukiyaki." Laura answers.

"I'll have the salmon sashimi," Mezo says as the waiter nodded before walking off. Mezo looks back at Laura. "What are your reasons for wanting to be a hero?"

"W-Well..." she looked down at the table, the question making her a bit anxious. "I read stories about my father—comic books to be exact," she continues as her voice starts to crack. "Him and the X-Men fighting bad guys and saving lives... I wanna do that. But when I experienced fighting bad people first hand, I..."

Before Laura could continue, Mezo stops her. "You don't have to talk about it if it bothers you."

Laura smiled at Mezo before turning away from him. "In summary: I wanna be a hero that doesn't have to kill," she turns back to him again. "Because real heroes never kill."

Mezo let out a soft, yet comforting chuckle for only Laura to hear. "Have any hobbies?" He asked, starting a new conversation.

"I do a lot of gymnastics stuff at home," Laura answered. "Oh! Mariko-san got me into yoga recently."

"Yoga?" Mezo asked as Laura nodded her head as a response. The image of Laura in a yoga outfit came into his mind before he immediately shakes his head to get the image out. This was strange and new to him. Never has he ever had such inappropriate thoughts before.

This must be what Mineta thinks about... Mezo thought to himself. He glanced at Laura, realizing how pretty she is up close.

"What about you?" Laura asked, tilting her head a bit at him.

"Well, I—" Mezo was later interrupted by the waiter coming back to the table with their food.

"Enjoy." The waiter said, putting the food on their table before walking away.

The two thanked the waiter before grabbing their chopsticks to start eating.

Somewhere in the restaurant, Ashido, Toru, Uraraka, and Tsuyu were spying on Laura and Mezo. All four of them wearing the generic hat and sunglasses that people use in movies to disguise themselves.

"This is wrong," said Uraraka. "We shouldn't be doing this."

Mina pouts at the gravity girl. "But I wanna see how this goes."

"Me too!" Toru said quietly.

Tsuyu sighed at the two. "Ochako-san is right, let's just go," she gets up from the chair she sat on. "We can always ask Laura how it went tomorrow. Ribbit."

"Let's let them have their date in peace." Uraraka smiles as she gets up from her seat as well.

"Fine~," Ashido does the same. "Maybe you can also ask Laura for some romance tips to use on Deku."

Uraraka's face immediately turns bright red. "M-Mina!" She shouted. Realizing how loud she was, Uraraka and the others quickly duck behind cover.

"Huh?" Laura looked at the direction where she heard Uraraka's voice.

Shoji saw Laura staring at the direction of the voice. "You heard something too?"

"Yeah..." Laura answered. "Thought I heard Ochako."

"It did sound like her... but I don't think I've heard her be that loud before."

Laura shrugged it off and looked back at Shoji. "Guess it's my imagination," she chuckled, waving it off. "You said you wanted to go somewhere? Before my stomach interrupted you."

Shoji nods as a response to Laura. "I was thinking of taking you to the movie theatre."

"Really?" She asked with a smile. "Great! Know what movie we'll be watching?"

While the two continued talking, Ashido, Hagakure, Tsuyu, and Uraraka snuck out of the restaurant.

Flashback

"Take these, Shoji-kun!" Ashido gave him two movie tickets. Shoji took the two tickets and looked at them before looking at Ashido.

"What movie is this?" He asked.

"It's a great romance movie. It's perfect!" She gave a thumbs-up to Shoji.

"Romance?" Shoji asked. "So, what am I supposed to do?"

"You know, put your arm around her shoulders during a romantic scene, accidentally touch her hand when you both attempt to get some popcorn," Ashido explained. "Anything that'll make that girl's heart skip a beat!

"These sound like cliches," Shoji sighed. "That can't possibly work in real life."

"It'll work, trust me!"

End of Flashback

A/N: Gonna end it here. Part 2 will be out sooner than usual.