Chapter 1: Welcome to Westwood Academy.

I took a deep breath, pushing open the doors. Instantly I could feel the intense stares, burning into me. I wasn't a shy person, but I'm pretty sure everyone felt a bit alone on their first day of a new school. I had my schedule, from yesterday, when I first met with the principal.

"I hope you enjoy your time at Westwood Academy..." She had said, handing me my schedule.

"Thanks". I had said. Then, looking at my schedule, I had managed to find my locker.

Now, with confidence, I walked to my locker, only to have it blocked. A few guys were hanging out. And near them? A crowd of other students. Right in front of my locker. Now this wasn't a part of my plan. Get in, get out, stay quiet, invisible. Just like every other school I went to. This certainly wasn't my first rodeo. I pushed through the crowd.

"Hey!" someone squealed.

"Who the heck is she?"

"She new?"

I managed to get near my locker. It seemed like I had another obstacle. Namely, three guys, tall, and in front of my locker. I rolled my eyes. I didn't Why did I always end up either next to, under, or above some popular guy's locker? Great...

"'Scuse me," I said, trying to get to my locker. Instead of scooting, the tallest one of the bunch, towered over me. One of the guys, the shortest one, laughed. The last one blocked my locker entirely.

"Well, well, well... A new face, I see... and who might you be?" The tallest one said, grabbing me under the chin and picking my face up.

My anger flared up, and I slapped his hand away. If he was surprised, he didn't show it. He smirked, instead. I wasn't sure why, because I thought he'd be mad...

Just then, he pushed me against the locker.

"Little girl, you don't belong here.."

I took a deep breath, breathing in his scent. Woodsy and.. Licorice?

"I know I don't. But you know what? You don't belong here, just like me..."

His eyes widened and just as quickly, he glared, spun around, and left with his sidekicks. I spun combo and grabbed my books.

In truth? I had no idea. I didn't even know who that guy was! I just wanted to get to my locker, get my books and leave!! Whispers flooded around me.

"Who is she?"

"Wow, she really messed up for sure..."

"She shouldn't have bothered them..."

Shouldn't these people go to class? Why were they still here? I pushed my way to my first period class. would stay quiet for the rest of my time here.. it wouldn't be long anyway.