❄️You love me?❄️

December 18th, 1983. Curt Smith's house. 6:03 P.M.

Curt stirred his soup slowly, looking down at the noodles awkwardly. Roland was silent too, tapping his fingers on the table. The wind was howling outside, and a bang on the window started the two boys. A pile of snow was slammed against the window. Curt chuckled weirdly. "Well..that was something." He choked out. Roland smiled faintly. "Umm...yeah..heh." Curt took a bite of his hot soup and put the spoon down. 

"Alright, enough stalling. Let's just talk about this...Ro...you like me?" Curt asked shyly. Roland took a few seconds to make eye contact. His cheeks were dusted pink. He looked up at his best friend and nodded. "I...do." Curt was still shocked by this, even though it was about a day since he confessed his feelings. He was processing the fact that his best friend even developed feelings for someone like him. 

Curt looked away. "Ro, why?" He asked. "Huh?" Roland shot a concerned look at his friend. "I just...I've caused you pain. I kept secrets from you. I even got mad when I found out you had depression and never told me when it's a personal problem of yours, am I not disrespectful?!" He vented, looking sadly in his eyes. Roland was saddened by this. "Curt, please don't say that...you know even through our fights I still love-" He stopped.

The two looked at each other. "...I still...like... No." Roland stared at him. "I do love you Curt. You've been my best friend for so long. You helped me throughout a lot of stuff. So what if we get into fights? You know that we always get through it. Even days when you're a complete pain in the ass to me, I love you. When you're spending time with me and making music with me, I find myself growing more in love with you. Curt, I love you." Roland shakily said.

Curt was speechless. His face grew redder as he took in account those words. His best friend just confessed his love for him. After a few minutes, Roland sighed softly. "Umm, I...I'm sorry if you don't return those feelings, maybe I should ju-" "No." Curt stood up, his chair creaking from being pushed out abruptly. Roland looked up at him. "Roland," Curt began. "I can't stay silent any longer either. I've..I've always had feelings for you for so long...

Roland gasped softly. "You have?" Curt nodded. "Remember when me and the other two knew something and wouldn't tell you?" "Yes..." Roland answered, looking eagerly at his friend. "That 'something' was my feelings for you. I was afraid of possibly destroying our friendship..." Roland felt his heart about to pound out of his chest. "Roland, I love you too, and I'm so glad that I can finally tell you this without having to worry..."

They had a moment of sharing a loving gaze before chuckling softly. "Well, I guess that clears things up, huh..?" Roland smiles a bit. Curt nodded. "Yeah. It does." He sat back down in his chair and began to eat his slightly cooled soup. The silence was still there between the two, but for some reason, there was a loving aura in the air, along with relief. Roland felt like a huge weight was lifted off of his chest.

After slurping some of the soup and giving some things some thought, Roland looked back at Curt. "Say, Curt...how long have you..um, you know...loved me?" He meekly asked. "Oh, I've liked you for a while, it just took me a long time to realize it." Curt replied, sipping his drink. Roland raised his eyebrow. "What about last year? You said you liked a girl? Lynne, was it?" Roland asked suspiciously.

Curt laughed. "Yeah, well...I kinda lied.." He trailed off. "You lied?" Roland took another bite of the soup. Man, Curt sure knows how to make some good soup. "Yeah, heh..I was trying to distract my crush on you but, you never did leave my mind." Curt said, finishing his soup. Roland blushed deeply. "Curt, you never left my mind either, you know..." He admitted. Curt smiled lovingly at him. "I'm glad to know that..."

There was silence for a moment while Curt put his dish in the sink to wash later. He leaned on the counter and looked at his friend. "So, are we going to kiss or what?" He asked. Roland laughed suddenly nervous, and looked away, smiling funny. "Curt!" He said out loud. Curt walked over to Roland. "What? You don't like me anymore?" He pouted teasingly. Roland looked back at him and grinned.

"I do, silly." He said softly. Curt placed his hand on Roland's chin, making him face his friend. Curt leaned in slowly. Roland's heart was beating faster, and so was Curt's. Their lips pressed against each other, finally fulfilling the gaps in both of their hearts. Roland smiled in the kiss and placed a hand on Curt's upper arm, rubbing it softly. After about 10 seconds which felt like a long time, Curt pulled away, smiling at him.

"So, are we...a couple now?" Curt asked. Roland nods. "I would say we are now, yes." They both shared a passionate hug. Curt disengaged from it and looked out the window. The blizzard continued roaring outside, and snow was being blown everywhere. "Well, I'd ask if you'd want to spend the night but, you don't really have a choice in the matter." He shrugged and looked at his new lover. Roland smiled. "No worries. I would've said yes anyway."

The two boys stood up, and helped each other with the dishes. They had planned a night of watching a movie along with having some hot chocolate, and cuddling. Curt wondered why Manny and/or Ian didn't call, but it was safe to assume that the power was out due to the extreme cold outside. Perhaps they might call tomorrow, and even cancel music practice.

 Hey everyone! Thanks for being patient! I'm proud to say that I'll be updating this story more frequently again and that this hiatus thing is over. Much love to you all and thank you for the amount of support you gave over the few weeks I was gone. <3 -Kait