❄️Traveling❄️

December 12th, 1983. Curt Smith's house. 9:05 A.M.

Curt was sleeping soundly...literally. His snoring echoed throughout his room, thank god no one else was in there, otherwise someone would've smacked him. His dreams were filled with nothing but thoughts of how yesterday could've played out if he successfully confessed to Roland. Outcome of rejection...outcome of acceptance? It all ran through his head. Curt whimpered softly in his sleep, then bolted awake as he heard his telephone ring. 

"Oh damn it...who the hell..." His voice was barely audible and completely groggy due to the fact that this surprise call woke him up. He swung his legs off of the bed, standing up and letting his blankets fall back on the bed. He paced extremely slow to the telephone, picking it up in the nick of time before it stopped ringing. "Hello..." Curt sounded almost dead. Perhaps a zombie would be a better word to describe it.

"Curt? Hey..." "R-Ro?" Curt perked up a little bit, clearing up his throat as quick as he could to sound normal. A small blush brushed his cheeks, wondering now what he was going to say about yesterday. "Yeah, it's me, you okay? You sound sick." "No, no. I just woke up." Curt leaned against the wall and twirled the phone cord around his finger. "Well I'm glad you're not sick. I just wanted to say that we're gonna be traveling to London at 12:00 to rehearse."

That 'Christmas thing' just had to be in 2 days, hadn't it? Curt groaned loudly. "I can't even believe this. We only have two days to practice. Bullshit." He complained. "I know. Hopefully, things will go well though. Chris is a good manager...he's just slow." The two of them chuckled. "We have a whole hotel room together." Curt's eyes lit up. "You mean..just..the two of us?" "Haha, no silly. I wish. Manny and Ian are gonna be there too...you know how that is."

Curt glared. "Ugh...okay. Thanks for tellin' me, Ro." "Ah...no problem...can we talk real quick? I have a little time to spare, and I've been meaning to ask you a question." Curt's heart stopped, knowing exactly what this was going to be about. He was silent for a moment and swallowed harshly. "Y-Yeah?...Well you can ask me anything..!" Roland sighed softly into the phone. "So, about yesterday...I'm really sorry.

"..What?" "I'm sorry that they did that. I didn't get to hear what you wanted to say! So I called to ask you privately so we can talk about it. What you were saying was really sweet, but you never finished! Please tell me." Roland sounded so happy kind of, but Curt felt a small pit in his stomach. "Oh...well, it's not so important anymore, Ro. I promise. Don't worry about it, man." Curt lied and felt bad. He didn't feel motivated to confess anymore.

Roland scoffed quietly, but sighed. "Okay. I'm sorry for asking. Maybe you can tell me another day? The curiosity is eating away at me." Curt chuckled. "Yeah. I'll definitely tell you one day...maybe." "Alright...well, I need to go get ready. See you at the studio, Curt." Roland did a soft quiet giggle, causing Curt to just break out into a smile. "Yeah...you too, Ro!" Roland hung up the phone. "I love you, Roland." Curt softly said as the line cut off. He ran throughout the house to pack up for the trip.

December 12th, 1983. The recording studio. 11:39 A.M.

"Wow, I actually arrived early for once!" Curt spoke to himself quietly as he got out of his car, turning around and jumping. "AHH!" "Hey, Curt!" Roland said happily. "Jesus, you scared me dude!!" Curt laughed afterwards, and smiled at him. "Need some help with your luggage?" Before Curt could respond, Roland already took one of the suitcases. "Well..thanks, Ro!" Curt grabbed the other one, and they walked into the building.

Ian and Manny were in the studio, packing up the instruments in their cases. They probably did provide instruments at the concert, but it felt better to play on their own. Manny turned around to them both, and waved. "Hey guys. You ready to freakin' rock that concert in 2 days? I hear some great artists are gonna be there." Roland nodded. "Yeah. Culture Club and Depeche Mode will be there I think." Ian clapped in excitement. "Man, this is so rad.

Curt rolled his eyes. "Guys, doesn't it bother you that we have 2 days to rehearse? 2 DAYS?" Ian and Manny did shrug a bit. "I guess so. But it's gonna be so worth it in the end."  They all agreed. "Hey guys. I think we should change the song we are gonna sing. Don't you think 'The Way You Are' is a little too slow for a big crowd? Let's just sing 'Change!'" Curt threw out there. "Curt, dude, we packed the instruments for that song already!" Manny complained.

"We have ten minutes left, idiot. Just grab the damn xylophone and shakers."  Manny obliged and did so, feeling a little intimidated by Curt. "Alright boys, you all ready?" Chris suddenly came through the door, clapping his hands to get their attention. "Yeah. We're ready." "I started up the van and made sure it was warm. Grab your stuff and lets head out!" The 5 men walked out with a bunch of bags and instruments, stuffing them into their personal van.

Eventually, they finished, and all got in. Chris was driving them, and the four boys sat in the back. Sure enough, they left right on time. It's 12:02. Chris began to drive, turning on some light music. "Well boys...we're doing this." Ian said happily. They all smiled, and realized that this is a big chance for them to become more well recognized. "Did anyone bring a snack?" Manny asked, and they all just stared at him. 

"Why didn't you eat breakfast, dumbass?" Ian said, but he pulled out a granola bar and handed it to him. "Thanks, Ian. I woke up late and skipped it. Can we eat actual food when we get to London?" He begged. "Practice begins at 4:00. You'll have time to eat, Manny." Chris yelled back. "Oh." Roland laid back, closing his eyes. "Might as well take a light nap for this almost 3 hour trip." He said, sighing. Curt looked over. "Aw, Ro. It will be boring though without you." 

Manny and Ian nodded. "Yeah, Roland! Get your ass up!" Ian said, slapping his knee. Roland jerked up and growled. "Don't touch me, you ignorant-!" "BOYS!" Chris yelled. They all rolled their eyes. "You know what, let's just go to sleep. I'm sick of that dude." Manny quietly said, and laid back. The other boys agreed. "Yeah, that was my plan." Roland said. They all closed their eyes, and attempted to rest.

Roland fell asleep quick, being as tired as he was. He slowly slumped onto Curt's shoulder, who was not asleep yet. His eyes opened when he felt his head on him. Curt looked down and realized Roland was sleeping. ON HIM. His whole face became red and looked around, Manny and Ian were also asleep. Or at least he thought. Whatever. Curt gently wrapped his arm around Roland, and smiled. He closed his eyes again, then fell asleep as he rested his head on Roland's.

---------

(Hey all! I hope you liked this chapter! My next few chapters will be pretty long, so I hope you look forward to that as well. Also, did you notice my new cover? ;) I drew it myself last week. That's all I have to say! Thank you for reading Cold and I have a lot more planned!)