6. It's Not What You Think!

(Peridot POV)
(Time Skip 2 months later)

I haven't seen or heard from Lapis in months. And truthfully...I'm falling apart. Everything has slipped for me. My grades, my happiness...my wrists. I've tried everything! Cutting myself, drinking, smoking, drugs even. Nothing gets the bluenette out of my head. I miss her. I love her. I hate her. I don't know how to feel anymore.

"Yo P-dot...? Squari, Garnet, Steven, and I are free...needa vent?" Amethyst asked through my door. I haven't even seen Lapis at school, let alone our dorms.

"Yeah. Sure." I grumbled, my veins filling with hatred. They walked in and sat down, ready for me to speak.

"I hate her! How could she do this to me?! I fucking hate her! She lied, and lead me on just to hurt me!--" I was about to tell more when I was interrupted.

(Squaridot POV)

"STOP!"

I couldn't listen to it anymore! I knew the hell Lapis Lazuli goes through every damn day. And I can't sit here anymore and here her get out down for her selfless actions.

"What?" Amethyst's shocked voice sounded, "why do you care about her after everything she did to Peridot!"

"You mean everything she did FOR Peridot!" I yelled, my voice cracking slightly, at this point all eyes were on me. It was time for the truth. They deserve to know.

So I explained everything. From shopping to the phone call. And I explained something else. Something terrible.

(Flashback)

I walked into the house, fear gripping my soul. What would I see? What now? I heard the sounds of screaming flood throughout my once peaceful home. I heard Lapis' voice first.

"NO! FUCK YOU!" She screamed, I could here the tears in her voice.

"DO YOU WANT HER TO DIE?! I'LL FUCKING DO IT LAPIS! DON'T THINK I WON'T!" Jasper's hardly feminine voice filled the house. I felt my heart drop at the sound of flesh meeting flesh. I heard Lapis' muffled cry.

I walked closer, trying to hear more. I heard Jasper mumble something to Lapis that was unaudable to me. I heard her cry again before saying, "Yes Jasper."

I felt sick. How could a person treat another person so terribly? I had to try and help her. So I walked in, pretending I just got here.

"Hey sis! C'mon let's go to the mall!" I faked a smile and tried to use my best cheery voice. But I felt so sick at the sight of the beautiful Lapis. Her face was bruised and bleeding, her arms were covered in bruises, most likely from Jasper grabbing her. She limped when she walked, God...I knew Jasper was mean but....I never would've thought...

(End Of Flashback)

I sobbed slightly, "I-Its all my fault! If I hadn't asked her to go shopping so I could back a stupid move on her!" I held my face, I felt terrible. I looked up, Peridot hadn't said anything, she just stood there, pupils dialated.

(Peridot POV)

"L-Lapis doesn't hate me? She was trying to protect me..." Everything hit me so fast, I was shocked. Lapis sacrificed her safety and happiness...for mine!

I was broken from my state of shock when the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. "She's still there! With Jasper!" I still couldn't get over the fact that my own flesh and blood had spilt the love my life's!

I looked at Squaridot. I hated her for keeping this secret...but she was also protecting me, and keeping a promise to Lapis. I ran to her and hugged her, "Thank you for telling me..." I mumbled.