1. Just Another Fucking Day

(Peridot POV)
(Major trigger warning for this whole book, you've been warned)

I groaned dramatically as my alarm went off, 6:15. "Peridot! Get your ass up! You wanna be late for COLLEGE, nerd?!" Peridot's sister, Jasper's voice rang from throughout her house.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever!" I shouted back, I wasn't in the mood for her shit. I rolled out of bed and pulled on a blank tank top, a green flannel, and black jeans. I nearly tore apart my room in search for my green sneakers, by the time I found them and had them on it was 6:32. I grumbled under my breath, "Another wonderful start" I thought to myself sarcastically. I went to the bathroom and styled my hair.

"Yo runt! I'mma leave without you in ten seconds! Get your ass down here!" Jasper snarled, clearly annoyed this morning. I was about to ask why, but decided I didn't really care. At all. Jasper didn't care about me, so why should I care about Jasper? I climbed into the car, it was finally time. Time for college.

(Time Skip)

"347, 348, 349, 350,--ah! 351!" I said to myself, arriving at my dorm, I sighed to myself, "I hope my roommate isn't a clod..." I thought, unlocking the room. No one was there, but I saw the other half of the room, it was decorated with blue, black, water related things, and a crap ton of alternative music posters, tapes, DVDs, even records. I nodded, turning to my half, at least my roommate likes good music...

My half was coated with green, and anything to do with technology. But to top it off, a pride flag hung above my bed. I flopped down on my bed, whipping out my laptop and headset, 8:23, I told my, few, friends I talk with them. I plugged in and heard the voices of Amethyst, Garnet, and Steven.

"Hey Per! How's the room?" Steven asked cheerfully, he was 2 years younger than the rest of us, but it didn't really matter.

"Eh, it's fine I guess. Just hoping my roommate isn't an ass."

I heard Amethyst snicker, "Yeah, let's not have a repeat of last year." I rolled my eyes, recalling the memory, my last roommate was a girl named Aquamarine, I had punched her half way through the year...mostly because she was a snobby bitch.

"Right." I uttered. At that moment I heard the door handle rattle.

A girl, same age as me, walked in, I felt my face heat, she's hot! The girl wore black ripped jeans, combat boots, and a black crop top the read, "Screw Off" in blue spray painted letters. She was slim, with gorgeous curves, my eyes traveled her from toe to head, her skin was tanned, and she had black hair in a pixie with blue tips. I knew I was blushing mad, she wasn't looking at me though, so I continued to stare involuntarily.

But then I saw it, and my heart sank, a bruise on her cheek, it was slowly darkening, telling me it was fresh. The girl looked at me and I quickly looked back at my screen, blushing harder than before, if possible. I thought I'd break the silence,

"Hi, I'm Room welcome to Greene Peridot." I felt my ears heat as she laughed, "I-I-I mean! I'm Peridot Greene, w-welcome to the r-room."

"Hi Peridot, I'm Lapis, Lapis Lazuli." She said, a small smile gracing her features. "Well, I actually gotta blast, I have to meet...someone." I heard her voice sadden at the last part before grabbing her bag and leaving the room. I stared after her, my cheeks still pink.

"PERIDOT!!!!!" A loud screech from Amethyst broke my trance.

"Wh-what?" I asked.

"Dude, I've been trying to get your attention for like forever!" She said with anger.

"S-sorry..."

I could hear the smirk on Amethyst's face, "What got you all spaced out, Per?"

"N-nothing! I just met my roommate is all." I replied, hoping to sound convincing, I mean, I WAS the truth.