2. A Loving Hand

(Peridot POV)
(2 Months Later)

I was laying awake in my bed, I couldn't sleep, I had a BIG history test tomorrow! I knew everything, but I still couldn't help being nervous. I looked over to Lapis who was asleep.

"God, she's so damn hot..." My cheeks heated and I looked away. Jasper has been keeping distance from Lapis lately. Which was good. But what wasn't good was my feelings grew, they still are. It makes me feel sick sometimes. I think I love her... But the question always haunts me, does Lapis feel the same? Why would she... I'm a nerd, I'm unpopular,--- a groan interrupted my train of thought, I looked over at Lapis, she was sweating, and her eyes brows were curled upwards. She was trembling and crying. "She must be having a nightmare..." I walked over to her sleeping form.

"Lapis?" I yell whispered, I shook her shoulders gently. "Lapis!" I said again while shaking her more, the dream was getting worse! I thought with alarm. I was about to try again when Lapis shot up gasping for air and holding her neck. As soon as she saw me I was shoved backwards, I stumbled but regained my footing. "Lapis...it's only me...it's Peridot." I told her, slowly walking back to her.
She sighed.

"Sorry Peri..uh...dot" I smirked.

"Peri?" She blushed a looked away. I laughed and sat by her."That's alright, I like it." "Especially since it's from you..." I added silently.

"Ok Peri" She said with a snorting laughter, which I thought was adorable. I already knew about Lapis' PTSD, which was so kindly given to her by Jasper. At this point Lapis had calmed, and typically I would be heading back to bed, but Lapis had other plans (Me: not like that u dirty peoples!), She laid her head on my shoulder, blushing mildly. Unlike me. I was blushing so much it hurt. I couldn't help loving this though.

"Please stay with me Peri..." She said quietly.

"I'm not going anywhere." I told her laying down. Lapis fell asleep quickly, facing me, her face resting in the crook of my neck, and her arm draped around my waist, I fell asleep surprisingly quickly too.

When I woke I wasn't any better than Lapis. I had my arm holding her close, and our legs were tangled. I blushed, an slowly undid myself from Lapis' grip.

It was 8:34, my classes start at 9:00. I threw on an black alien sweatshirt that read: All Humans Back Off. And some black leggings.

"Mmmorning Peri..." Lapis cooed sleepily. I blushed and looked away,

"Morning." I looked at my phone, "Shit!" I said before racing down to my first class. Math. With Mrs. Sardonyx.

I sat down in the back of class. Reading myself for what was bound to come next. Then I heard it. "Oh boy...another day"

"LAPIS LAZULI!" Mrs. Sardonyx yelled furiously. Lapis stood there, black leather jacket, black ripped jeans, and a red crop top that said: Go Fuck Yourself! She stood there, her hand lazily resting on her hip.

"What?" She dead planned. The teacher scowled.

"You know what Lazuli! Your late! Again!" Lapis shrugged and walked over to the desk next to mine.

The class went on and on, I wasn't really paying attention when Lapis tapped my shoulder.

"Huh? What? Oh Lapis." She snorted and whispered.

"I'm bored!" I shrugged and began to pay attention to Mrs. Sardonyx. Lapis smirked and stood up, heading for the door.

"Ms. Lazuli? Where do you think your going?"

Lapis turned, "The bathroom." Mrs. Sardonyx huffed.

"This isn't your house."

Lapis snorted, "Yeah, so what? It's illegal to deny a student the right to use the facilities, you wouldn't want to break the health code now would you?" She informed with fake sincerity.