Chapter 7

Liana

"How are you even in this neighbourhood?" I asked him realizing the main question.

"Well, I did found out that Stacy's Cafe was here."

"I thought you said no stalking." I pointed out.

"Yes, but I had to find you, if I cannot how will we make it work?" He said and I thought about it. It kind of does and does not make sense at all.

Oliver's phone rang again and throughout the dinner was getting calls after calls and soon he just turned off his phone.

"Why don't you pick up? It must be an emergency." I said.

"It's fine." He said and changed the topic.

The elevator stopped at my floor and we stepped out. The hallway was empty like always, for passed six months I haven't see any neighbours yet. The hallway is always clean and bright. The place is actually really nice compared to the last apartment I stayed at NYU, but this one is more expensive.

Oliver looked around the hallway to search for something I am not sure about, once we were outside my house door and I looked through my small bag for the keys. He waited patiently at the same time looking around for maybe a sight of a human being?

"Your floor is so silent." He said. "Who is your neighbour?"

"I haven't seen one since I moved in here." And he froze in his place.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yea... even I am surprise too." I chuckled.

"It's unsafe then." He said pursing his lip tightly in thoughts. "This is absolutely dangerous living on a floor that have no neighbours or anyone."

"Does it really matter?" I asked as I opened the door and quickly turned on the light.

The apartment is a two room and two washroom with one open kitchen and the place is surrounded by glass windows, but there was curtains hanging just in case for privacy reasons.

"It does." He said looking around the space. "You need someone during emergency."

"I just sleep here, half the time I am not home." I said and he shake his head. "That's even more dangerous. Someone can be hiding or break in when you are not home and then." He said.

"I should be fine. There is cameras around everywhere." I assured him as I took off my outdoor shoe and put on my indoor shoe. I looked around for an indoor shoe and was glad to find one male pair.

He looked at me with a serious look, "How come you have a male shoe here? Do someone come to visit you?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I just do.. it's a habit." I tell him honestly. "I always keep indoor shoes just in case I have a guest over."

"Liana, you don't even know who your neighbours are or should I say if you have one in the first place. Inviting a male in very dangerous."

"You are a male too." I said thoughtfully. "It was a bad idea.."

"I am exceptional. I am your boyfriend, I won't do anything to you, unless you beg me to." He said the last sentence with a wink that I had to roll my eyes. "But seriously, no guests over."

"I was not planning to." I tell him honestly.

"Good. Keep it that way, except if you were to invite me that is a different situation."

I chuckled lightly as I went to the open kitchen and washed my hands before I opened the fridge. "Any drinks?" I asked him peeping in.

"I am good." He said. I passed him a bottle of juice and I opened one for myself as I walked to the couch. He stood around the place and looked around.

"It is not bad.." he smiled. "I like it, it is spacious and open too."

"Yea.. that's why I actually agreed it in the first place and also the rent is affordable compared to the more luxurious and more room one."

"I would have actually bought this apartment if I came across it." He said. "The building is not bad either, the security is big and the lobby is clean-like really clean and the hallway says it all, maybe not many people stays in this floor, but it is beyond my expectations."

I didn't know what to say, so I just give him a small smile. He went near the glass window to look out and he said, "Isn't this place always crowded?" He said looking at the busy street below.

"Always." I said.

"Don't you like a little peace?" He said.

I do. At times I feel like running somewhere with hardly any humans-but now I am used to it and the busy street takes me away from the lonely reality that I have brought myself into, but this busy street brought me life in its own way as my online comic is doing really well, all thanks to the random strangers that I encounter each and every single day.

I have not made a decision yet about telling Oliver the truth about me being the person he will meet later next week. Seeing him so relaxed and so close made me want to hide the truth and I might regret the decision later again, but for now I like this-Us starting fresh? Maybe starting in a new page and new communication way, but we are trying, well, he was trying from the beginning but it is my turn to try to make it work because a boat will sink if only one person is trying to balance it.

As I looked at him staring at Seattle's night like an excited child in an amusement park, I wanted to try again, if not for me, but at least for him.

Author's Note: Hello beautiful readers, thank you for reading this book. Please give this chapter a vote and a share if you enjoyed reading the book. Next update for this book is tomorrow. Happy readings!