***********************************

Jess' POV

TBH I was sick of it. They were just trying to wind us up. The thing I was so concerned about, was that I cared. To reject was supposed to forget, to tear away the bond completely. But it hadn't. I somehow still felt something for Josh. I knew that after a while I would give in. These thoughts kept running through my mind. I liked Josh, even maybe more than that. But I wouldn't give up. He played me wrong. After he left I stood up and grabbed my bag.

"Sorry. I just saw the time. I have to get to work. Can't be late on the second day." I said my goodbyes and half ran out the front door. I actually did have work but it was three hours away. I drove 10km through dense forest until I made it to the cabin. There was another car there, which was weird and I could hear loud noises. A/N Not That Type Of Loud Noises. I walked up to the front doors and shouted out. "Katya! Are you ok?!" Someone screamed and it sounded like they were in a lot of pain. I ran in on high alert. I searched all the rooms until I finally made it to her clinic. There was a man lying on the bed. It was the grossest sight I had ever seen. It looked like someone had bitten half his leg. Blood was pouring out and he was screaming in agony. "Oh my gosh! Are you ok?" I scrambled up to him and tried to apply a wet cloth.

"Well he's obviously not." I turned to see Katya walking towards me. I could tell she was frustrated because she was always snappy when she was snappy. She pushed me away from him and quickly waved her hands over his gory leg. Blue sparks flew out of her hands and the guy screamed in pain. "Shh, it's ok baby. I'm stopping the hurting. Shh." She started whispering to him. I watched as the skin weaved back together and he blacked out.

"You were acting like he was your boyfriend." I stated as she went to wash her hands.

"That's because technically he is. I'm his mate, so it seems. Only met him two hours ago. Don't even know his name."

"Wow." I gaped.

"So how come you're here? You always come here when something's wrong." She gave me a cup of coffee, (don't know where it came from,) and sat down on the couch across from me.

"Yeah. I have a question. How come when I rejected Josh I didn't stop feeling for him?" I sat there deep in thought but Katya seemed to know the answer straight away.

"Usually it doesn't work if there was confusion of the rejection. For example, you didn't actually see Josh cheat on you, you just assumed." I was so confused. None of this made any sense. I thought we were supposed to learn this when we were pups, obviously not. I sat there in thought, thinking about what that would mean. Oh gosh.

Why didn't you tell me about this, I yelled at Ruby.

I didn't think it was relevant, I could actually feel her shrugging inside my head. I let out a huff before leaning against the back of the couch.

"Mine!" I heard a growl behind me. Katya and I turned to see her mate standing in the doorway. I could finally get a proper look at him. He had short brown hair and was well built. His leg looked like it had completely healed as well. Katya stood up beside me and walked towards him. The next thing she did totally surprised me.

"Hi, I'm Katya." She stuck out her hand for him to shake. He took it curiously and shook it.

"I'm Oliver. Alpha of the Blood Paw pack." There was an awkward silence after that. "Who are you?" He asked pointedly at me.

"Jess. Kind of a bit like Katya's daughter." I mumbled the last bit because I wasn't so sure what to say.

"What?!" He roared. Katya hurried towards the angry Alpha to calm him down a bit.

"Not like that. I found her by herself in the woods when she was three and I've acted motherly towards her." His eyes returned from the black abyss. Oliver then leaned down and smashed his lips against Katya's and I took that as my time to leave. I dashed out of the cottage and drove myself quickly to work.

******************************

Work was how work normally is and by the end I just wanted to go back home and sit on my iPad. Everyone seemed to be going home at the specific time I was, which was weird since it was eight o'clock. When I got home all the lights were on in the house so obviously Kaidan had come back. I slipped my key into the keyhole and jiggled it before swinging the door open. The smell of Chinese food filled my nose as I walked into the kitchen. I saw Kaidan sitting behind the island and as soon as his eyes caught mine I could tell he was nervous. He stood and walked towards me while fiddling with his hands. "I have something I need to do," he started and soon he was nearly touching me, "I have always really like you and-" He cut himself off by leaning down and kissing me. I have to say, I wasn't expecting it and I was a bit shocked. I then realised that I needed to move on from Josh and I kissed him back.