Chapter 7: Secrets Even in Friendships!

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Ruby." Olette says.

"Hello." Ruby says.

"Where do you go every day?" Hayner asks.

"Nowhere." Ruby says.

"Really? We've seen you talking to some kids on the clocktower." Pence says.

"Well, I'm done doing that." Ruby replies as she gets when the bell rings.

"Why? You always look so happy when you are talking with them. It's cute." Olette says.

"Yeah, we've never seen you smile so much." Hayner says.

"Well, I'm not hanging out with them anymore!" Ruby says as she walks away from them.

Ruby stops by the ice cream shop and grabs herself some sea-salt ice cream. She walks home as she slowly eats it. She stops in her tracks as she wondered why she kept getting ice cream every day. She finishes the ice cream and looked at the ice cream stick. She resumes going home. She cleans the stick off and she dries it before she walks over to her model that she'd been making. She always made sure to get the others sticks so that she could make a model of the clock tower. She wanted to present it to them when it is finished and they could take a picture to document their friendship.

[The Following Day]

Ruby went to the clock tower early since she knew she wouldn't catch any of the group. She'd been sitting there for about an hour when Roxas showed up.

"Ruby!" Roxas says happily and Ruby looks up and her eyes widen.

"R-Roxas, why are you here so early?" Ruby asks.

"I've got the day off. Is today your day off too?" Roxas asks and Ruby nods slowly, "Cool!"

"I... should really be going." Ruby says as she gets up and starts to walk away. Roxas grabs her hand.

"What's been wrong with you?" Roxas asks, "You haven't been coming here in the afternoon when we're here. Why? Axel says that it's because you're accepting that we don't really exist. I don't blame you for that... but I thought we are friends."

"You exist to me." Ruby says, "But the thought of you all thinking that there will come a time when you don't exist anymore makes me sad, Roxas. I'll be the only one guaranteed to stay here."

"So, you want to sacrifice the time that we have left by not being around us?" Roxas asks and Ruby looks down.

"It means I won't get hurt in the long run." Ruby says.

"But we miss you." Roxas says, "You brighten out conversations. You're our friend. We keep coming to the same spot because you're normally there."

"Do you really mean that?" Ruby asks.

"Of course I do. You're my friend." Roxas says and Ruby gets tears in her eyes.

"Roxas... before I met you all, I felt like you... like I didn't have a heart. The first time I felt emotion was talking with you all and if there's going to come a time where I don't feel that at all... it's better to cut it off now." Ruby says.

"But you do have a heart. More than we ever will. You should actually let your heart experience what it wants." Roxas says as Ruby thinks about it, "Look at me giving advice to a girl about having feelings."

"That is pretty funny." Ruby says and the two laugh.

"There you are." Roxas says and Ruby looks at him shocked and confused.