Chapter 39: Saving Ansem the Wise and Freeing Aqua From Darkness

[Twilight Town]

Hayner, Pence and Olette decide to stake out the old mansion. On their way there, they hide behind a tree when they spot Evil Terra and Ansem the Wise come through a dark corridor. The three gasp in shock and Pence grins in enjoyment. Ruby appears out of the path of friendship.

"It's about time!" Pence exclaims and Hayner covers his mouth.

"Shush." Hayner snaps quietly.

"What are you doing?" Ruby asks.

"We're staking out the old mansion." Pence states and then notices Ruby standing there, "Where did you come from?"

"A new power I've got. Shush." Ruby explains. They follow the duo to the old mansion.

"Is that Ansem the Wise?" Ruby asks, "I thought he was dead?"

"What now?" Evil Terra asks after Ansem the Wise stops walking.

"Big brother..." Ruby whispers.

"Brother? Who?" Hayner asks.

"The bad guy." Ruby whispers.

"Please... I have created enough victims." Ansem the Wise pleads.

"Yes, you have. All the children sacrificed in the name of your research... So make things right." Evil Terra announces.

"I told you, I did not take her. Her disappearance was why I put a stop to the research." Ansem the Wise explains.

"And that makes you honorable?" Evil Terra asks, "You used Roxas and Naminé and threw them away. I doubt there's a merciful bone in your body. You took the girl, and hid her. Now show me the data you are hiding here."

"Roxas and Naminé... If there is any reason that I still draw breath, it is to atone for what I did to them." Ansem the Wise explains,

"He said 'Roxas'..." Pence whispers.

"That's Ansem the Wise. His mind can bring Roxas back." Ruby whispers.

"Yeah." Hayner states.

"That man needs us." Olette explains.

"Right." The two guys replies.

"Here's the plan. I'll rush forward and attack him with the Keyblade. You get Ansem the Wise out of there." Ruby explains.

"Are you sure?" Hayner asks.

"I'm stronger than I look." Ruby explains.

"Got it." Hayner replies.

"The child's memory holds a mystery to unravel – one concerning the battle we seek between light and darkness. You know something and that... is why you stopped the experiments." Evil Terra says.

"You are completely deluded, Xehanort." Ansem the Wise fires back.

"We shall soon see." Evil Terra says and he pushes Ansem the Wise on. He hears the sound of rushing footsteps.

"Ruby!" Ansem the Wise exclaims as Ruby comes down on Evil Terra with her keyblade. The Guardian comes out. Ruby jumps back to dodge the Guardian.

"Ruby! Get out of here!" Ansem the Wise exclaims.

"Guys! Now!" Ruby yells, ignoring Ansem the Wise. The kids rush forward while Ruby attacks the Guardian.

"You're looking for a girl, Xehanort? Perhaps a seven year old girl named Mai?" Ruby asks. Xehanort looks at her. The guardian freaks out.

"I knew it..." Ruby states.

"Hey loser!" Hayner yells and rushes forward trying to attack to help Ruby but gets grabbed.