The Next Step

The picture above is what this is inspired by, so yeah.

*Harry's POV*

Something felt off about that day. Harry couldn't tell what it was, but it was definitely something. He tried to go about his day like normal, but he couldn't push the feeling away. 

He was walking down the hallway when he saw a group of Slytherins and heard them talking about something. He heard something about Draco and how he wasn't there. He felt his heart drop and his expression turned to one of panic. He started walking faster, leaving Ron and Hermione behind. He could hear them yelling for him to wait, but he didn't. He just started going faster and faster. He knew where Draco was.

Harry kept on walking until he came across a hidden door that only Draco and Harry knew about. He made sure that no one was around before he opened it. He walked in.

"Hey, Dragon... it's me, Harry." He said as he started walking toward where he heard sobbing coming from. When he got closer, Draco came into view. His eyes were red and full of tears. Harry started to approach him.

"Hey, Draco... what's wrong?" He asked. Draco turned around to face Harry. He looked like shit. His hair was a mess, his eyes were puffy and red from crying and tears stained his cheeks. Harry pulled him into a hug, but Draco pushed him away and turned away from him again.

"Just leave Potter... leave me alone like everyone else does," he said. Harry stepped back slightly in shock and they both sat in silence. Draco turned around again and saw that Harry was still standing there.

"... Why are you still here?" Draco asked. Draco wiped his tears away.

"Because I love you, Draco. I love you and will never leave you," Harry said. Draco ran into Harry's arms and pretty much collapsed in them. Harry kneeled on the ground and ran his fingers through the crying boy's hair. Draco buried his face into Harry's chest and squeezed Harry tighter.

"Why do you like me, Potter?" Draco said, his voice cracking.

"Let's see. You're attractive, you're romantic, you're smart, you're clever. But most importantly, when you care about someone, you will protect them from all harm," Harry explained.

Draco looked up at Harry, his face still covered with wet hot tears, but a smile plastered on his face.

"I'm glad someone thinks so," Draco said. Harry smiled and kissed him lightly and Draco kissed back. They sat on the ground, Harry holding Draco, for a good ten minutes before they decided that they should get back to their lives.

"Harry...?" Draco asked.

"Yes?" Harry replied. Draco stood up and wiped his face clear of tears.

"Do you think that we have kept this a secret long enough?" Draco asked. Harry stood up in front of him and held both of Draco's hands in his own.

"If you're ready to tell people, so am I." Harry said. Draco smiled and nodded.

"I'm ready."

~*~

They walked out of the room, hand in hand. They walked down the hallway and students gave them awkward stares and could hear people whispering in the background. Draco smiled as they walked down the hallway. Harry saw this change in Draco's personality and smiled. He was glad that Draco was starting to feel more comfortable being with him. They were finally together and they didn't have to hide it.

This one really sucks, but oh well. Y'all will have to live with it until the next one-shot. See ya losers later!