The Aftermath

(Hey, so I'm in college now... Um... Enjoy this One Shot that my bestie and I wrote together. Yay?)

Harry looked around at the aftermath, his feet dragging across the ground. His lungs were filled with smoke and dust, arm bleeding. He squinted through the dust and glanced at the bodies on the floor.

So this is what it all lead up to, he thought to himself. Distracted by the countless bodies on the ground, he ended up kicking one. He heard a noise come from it and he looked on the ground.

"Draco!" He knelt on the ground next to him and felt his pulse. Faint, but faint is better than nothing. He flicked out his wand and glanced at Draco's wounded torso. He unbuttoned his shirt to better view the gash. He racked his brain to think of the proper spell, soon coming to a conclusion. Vulnera Sanentur. He mumbled the spell and moved his wand across the wound, watching it slowly heal.

A small noise escapes Draco's mouth, indicating that he was no longer in immediate danger. Harry let out a sigh of relief and helped Draco sit up. Draco opened his eyes and coughed, looking at Harry.

"Thank God," Harry breathed. Draco glanced around at their surroundings, his eyes slowly adjusting to meet Harry's.

"How did I survive that?" Draco question. Harry showed Draco the wand that he was still holding.

"I used Snape's spell. You know, the one he used on you before," he explained.

"Why didn't you leave me? I thought you hated me," Draco stated.

"Hated is a strong word," Harry chuckled. Draco chuckled with him and then gasped in a breath of pain, flinging his hand to his forehead. Harry was suddenly panicked, drowning Draco in questions of if he's okay.

"I'm fine, it's just a bloody headache." Harry nodded and stood, helping Draco off the ground. Draco stumbled and Harry caught him, holding his waist for support.

"We need to get you to Madam Pomfrey. Being in pain after a spell like that is never a good sign," Harry concurred. Draco nodded, and they slowly stumbled their way to the hastily constructed infirmary.

After Harry helped Draco into the infirmary bed, he left, hoping to find more survivers.

~*~

[Two Weeks Later]

Unable to help with the repair on Hogwarts, Harry was sent to live in a small town, just outside of Hogwarts borders.

Due to the trauma from the events, Harry found it hard to sleep because of reoccurring nightmares. Because of this, he made it a part of his daily routine to go to the small coffeeshop down the street.

Just outside the door, Draco was seated at a table, drinking coffee. Harry, surprised to see him, approaches him.

"Draco?" Harry asks. Draco turns to face him.

"Hello, Potter," Draco replied dryly, sipping his coffee.

"I wasn't aware that you lived in this town," Harry said. In response, Draco held up the coffee cup and painted to the snake that was printed on the cup.

"My family owns the coffeeshop. How did you not know?" He asked. Harry, suddenly embarrassed, just shrugs.

"Too tired to pay much attention," Harry said as he sat across the table from Draco.

"Ah, nightmares too I reckon?" Draco said, leaning back in his chair. "I have something to help with that, if you're interested."

Harry eyed Draco skeptically, unaware if he should trust him. Draco stood, leaving his coffee at the table.

"Don't worry," Draco soothed, "it's sold here. It goes well with coffee."

"Do you need my payment information?" Harry asked. Draco shrugged him off.

"On the house for your help two weeks ago," Draco said before he entered the coffeeshop. Harry sat thinking for a moment, trying to remember what occured two weeks ago.

A few moments later, Draco approached the table and set Harry's coffee down in front of him.

"Hope you like macchiato's," Draco said, "it's what tastes best with the potion." Harry eyed the coffee suspiciously before taking a sip. 

"What did you mean by "my help two weeks ago'?" Harry asked Draco.

"What do you mean, dont you remember?"

"No, would you care to inform me?" Harry pushed.

"You healed me when I was on my deathbed. How could you forget?" Harry paused for a second to think back on that day, soon recalling the events.

"I did a lot of healing that day. Not to mention killing Voldemort. It was kind of a busy day," Harry argued. Draco rolled his eyes and took a dramatic sip of his coffee.

"And to think that I was special," Draco mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?" Harry questioned.

"I said, who else could you have possibly healed that day, Potter?"

"I mean, Ginny, for one. Did you know we're rooming together now?" Draco spat his coffee all over the table and all over Harry.

"You're fucking what now?" Draco asked. Harry, annoyed from being spat on, glared at Draco.

"I'm not fucking anybody."

"That's not what I-" Draco started, but was cut off by Lucius Malfoy exiting the coffeeshop. Harry quickly stood out of reflex, but before he could leave, Lucius approached them. Lucius glanced at Draco, then at Harry. Draco, quickly and obviously becoming uncomfortable, looks away. Lucius gives him a knowing look.

"So this is the boy?" Lucius asked Draco. Draco took another sip of his coffee to delay answering the question. Harry opened his mouth to vocalize his confusion, but Lucius stopped him. "He wouldn't have been my first pick, but you could've done worse." Draco's cheek flushed red and Harry looked at him, confused. 

"Draco, what does he mean by 'the boy'? I'm kind of over the whole 'chosen one' thing." Harry stated. Draco blushed darker, and Lucius smirked and walked away.

"Once a bad guy, always a bad guy," he whispered to himself as he strutted off.

"We'll, when I was on my deathbed," Draco started, "I kind of had a revelation about a few things."

"Like?" Harry pressed further.

"Like how I'm fucking in love with you, okay?" Draco spat. Harry was dumbfounded by this information.

After a few minutes of silence, Draco continued to speak. "Ever since year four at Hogwarts, my feelings for you have been growing. I thought that those feelings were hatred and envy because I wanted to be the chosen one, but while I was dying, I soon realized that I was actually falling madly in love with the boy who lived."

Harry walked to the other side of the table. "Stand up," Harry ordered. Draco, rather flustered, did as he was told. Harry wrapped his arms around Draco and hugged him. With tears filling his eyes, Draco quickly hugged Harry back.

"You know what's weird?" Harry stated, "I think I live you too."