Chapter Twelve: Aurora Borealis is Not a Disney princess.

Start from the beginning

"That did not hurt, you're just dramatic," Lucas pops another cherry in his mouth. "I kept saying your name to ask you something and you wouldn't answer. This was a last feeble attempt."

"Flicking a cherry pit at me? Why don't you try just tapping me on the shoulder next time?" I glare at him.

"Then I have to reach across the table and that takes so much time and energy," he pretends to try to reach across the table with his limp arm struggling to make contact with me. Now this is the guy who calls me dramatic.

Such a hypocrite.

"Oh yes, and making a catapult out of a plastic spoon is so much easier?"

"When you're a genius like me it is," Lucas says smugly.

I snort, "You are far from a genius I'll tell you that. I had to inform you the other day that the Aurora Borealis is not a Disney princess."

"Sleeping Beauty's real name is Aurora! Sorry if I got it confused with the dumb scientific light show!"

"It's not a light show! It's the sun interacting with the molecules and atoms in Earth's atmosphere which results in a unique celestial display seen at the magnetic poles of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres," I explain exasperatedly.

"Who are you? Einstein?"

"Okay, that's enough!" Olivia intrudes. "You two fight like toddlers. You two could seriously go on forever. Lucas, what did you even what to ask Kayla anyways?"

Oh right, I forgot about that.

"Has Leon texted you yet?"

"You mean Leo?"

"She knows what I meant and she still has to correct me! This is what I deal with," Lucas points out to Olivia. She rolls her eyes at him turning her attention back to me.

"Not yet. It's only been two days so I'm not stressing about it," I shrug it off.

Okay, so maybe I was just a little tiny bit stressed he wasn't ever going to text me and I'm slightly disappointed that he hasn't called me yet, but it's totally fine.

"Yeah, sure you aren't," Olivia says sarcastically. She directs her attention to the boys approaching our table. "Hey guys!"

Jeremy and Daniel sit down at the cafeteria table with their trays full of food. Let me tell you, those guys can eat. Lucas' friends have been spending a lot of time with us lately. I talk to Daniel all the time now. I don't always particularly enjoy every one of our conversations because he can be a little vulgar sometimes. I guess I would consider the guys as my friends. Never thought I would be saying that. Henry exits the cafeteria line with his try in hands. He begins to approach our table but veers left changing his mind to go sit with the rest of the hockey team.

"What's up with him?" Lucas asks out of concern. "He loves the team but he hates sitting with the rowdy bunch at lunch just as much as we do."

"He's just butt hurt that Kayla wasn't drooling over him like every other girl," Daniel cackles.

"Me?" I gasp.

"Dude, I don't think you were suppose to say anything," Jeremy grumbles under his breath.

"Now you have to tell us," Olivia orders. Of course nobody wants to argue with her. You might as well accept that you've already lost before you even start a battle with her. It's better to just take the loss in order to save some of your dignity.

"I think his ego has been bruised because you dismissed him for that other guy at the Surf Shack. He's just not used to girls not fawning over him the first time he shows them any attention. Henry was getting all alpha male with the other guy and when he was trying to look like Mr. Casanova, you literally threw him off of you and ran into the arms of the enemy," Jeremy explains.