"I'll explain later" she said. A laser was shot and she was hit in the shoulder. Aiming carefully I shot down the second manta leaving one left. 

"Ooofff!" Yumi exclaimed. She was kicked in the stomach and fell to the ground. Ulrich stood above her about to swing his sword down. I aimed for Ulrich and fired, but nothing happened. I shook my paws a bit and realized I had no more arrows.

"Please Ulrich no!" Yumi cried. I ran towards the two, but they were still a good distance away. There was a good chance I wouldn't reach them in time.

Xana-Controlled Ulrich:

I glared down at Yumi, my sword raised.

"Please Ulrich no!" she cried. I grinned evily at her. 

"I'm not good enough for you, so why shouldn't I strike you down?" I said with a voice that wasn't my own.  I felt like that was the truth. We were set on being just good friends, and eventualy she'd probably go out with William over me. Fine, if it was going to be like that I'd use Xana's power and strike her down.  

"Ulrich..." Yumi whispered my name. I brought the sword down, but couldn't bring it down far enough to hurt her. 'What am I doing?' I wondered. I dropped both my sword and backed away from her. 'Ulrich do it, devirtualize her and you'll have my power' Xana promised. 'No I can't do it' I replied and put a hand to my forehead that was throbbing with pain.

"Yumi are you okay?" I heard Odd ask Yumi.

"Yeah I'm fine" Yumi replied now sitting up. 'Fine then I'll do it for you' Xana hissed. Without my doing I felt my own body move. Using all my will power I didn't devirtualize them,  but I ended up kicking them over the edge of the platform we stood on. 

"Yumi! Owwww my tail!" Odd complained. Odd had grabbed onto the ledge and Yumi hanging on by his tail. 'I'm so sorry' I thought. I then pushed Aelita and Marie out of the way. Standing in front of the virutal interface I began entering codes and putting in place some kind of program. I punched in the last code. I could hear Xana laughing mischieviously. I felt something in my throat and nose making me unable to breath. 

"Ulrich!" I heard Yumi call my name. The others had ran up towards me, Aelita was at the interface looking at the program that had been activated. I was still gagging and coughing from the pain that had spread all over my body.

"Jeremy are you there?" Aelita called to him. Someone else coughed before the sound of static reached our ears.

"The clones... the disappeared and some kind of *cough* program has been activated" Jeremy replied.

"What's happening? Is Ulrich okay?" Odd asked.

"I don't know" Aelita said shifting through the files and codes I had entered. My eyes opened wide and I like I was throwin up; althought, that was impossible in the virtual world. A foul, black and red smoke started rising out of my mouth and nose.

"Jeremy do you understand what's happening?" Aelita asked.

"I believe I do" Jeremy said solemnly. Finaly the black and red smoke had come out and disappeared. I sat there paning, my hand on my chest as the pain slowly faded.

"Ulrich?" Yumi said my name again. I managed to give a faint smile.

"Ulrich!" she exclaimed and pulled my into a hug. I felt my face heat up slightly at her sudden affection.

"Jeremy I think it is time you bring us back" Aelita spoke softly.

"Right" Jeremy said in the same tone. It sounded like they were upset about something, but I didn't really care at the momment. 

"Rematerialization. Odd, Marie, Aelita, Yumi, Ulrich" Jeremy said. Yumi and I were still in each others arms. I felt her disappear as she and I both rematerialized back in the scanners. We all went up the elevator back to the computer room. Jeremy sat with his eyes closed, head resting on his hands.

"What's wrong Enstein?" Odd asked curiously. We stood around the computer. 

"No one was lost, so what's wrong?" William asked, and again Jeremy didn't speak.

"Jeremy seriously tell us what's wrong" Yumi said. 

"There was someone lost" Jeremy spoke quietly.

"Jeremy what are you talking about?" I asked.

"That program that was entered" Jeremy said.

"Was the program to release Xana's connection to the supercomputer" Aelita finished. There were a few gasps of suprise. So Xana had escaped... and... and worse of all it was my fault.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important message!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I think I'll write one more chapter before taking a break. I think I will write a second book by the way. What's your favorite couple?

Odd + Marie; Ulrich + Yumi; Jeremy + Aelita  ??? The next chapter will be mostly about your favorite couple. Oh and should it be happy or sadish?