Victim.4

Janelle.

"Hey dad," I throw my keys on the small wooden table.

"Hey, pumpkin."

I smile at him,taking him in my arms. My hands rub his back, as he hugs me back. "How did it go?"

Every Thursday when I return home from the cemetery, he asks me this question. He hadn't dared to step into that place ever since mum died. He said he couldn't handle it, especially when I'm around.

I understood. I wouldn't want to either, but after all she was my mother and she's dead. That's the least I can do.

"Good," I assure him.

Ever since that day we found out that she had cancer, he worked every night to make sure she has her medicines when she needs them. He pays for treatment for people who can't afford it because my mother didn't want him to spend his money on her when she knew that eventually she was going to die. Every year, I help him and we both donate to help and support other patients, as if we wanted to prove mom wrong.

Treatment does help, it's the lack of money and insurance that kills the person.

"Dad?" I ask him after a few minutes of silence. We both sat on our large violet sofa, each one on one side.

"Hm?"

"Can you do me a favor?" I play with my fingers.

"What is it that you need, baby?" His voice comes out rough, a bit raspy. I know he lost his voice. He was crying last night. He thought I didn't hear him, but I did.

"Can we go out? Like, you and I? Not just me?" I glance at him before shifting my gaze to the shiny floor. He never goes out. He works from home.

"I-I don't know," He sighs, running his hands through his dark hair.

"Please? I can make reservations. That place has amazing food,you'll like it. Oh, we could also st-" I start to rant but he cuts me off.

"You really want this, don't you?" I give him a nod, followed by a small smile.

"Okay. Fine." He returns the smile and I close the distance between us. "Thank you." I squeeze him. His hand caresses the back of my head and I feel like a kitten.

"Your mom would be very, very proud of you, Jane." He pulls back, biting his bottom lip as he stares at me. I give him a small shrug, pursing my lips. "I am what you built all these years. It all goes to you, old man."

And it only took my dad to small that smile. The one that is full of pride, and dare I say, happiness.

Harry.

"Dammit Gemma," I curse, my fingers working against my screen.

You little shit better get me some of those chips! I'll pick you and ashton up at seven. Be ready. -H.

I can't believe she had the nerve to steal my fucking chips. She shouldn't have done that. I rake my hands through my curls, tugging at them.

A small smirk plays on my mouth as my thoughts go back to Janelle.

I plop down on my bed, resting my arms under my bed as I replay our conversation in my head.

She seemed so distant, like she's on a different planet when you're talking with her.

I couldn't help but think about the blue of her eyes. They were so bright, like sky blue. I couldn't stare into them that much, she was always shying away.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of her in mind.

So, a girl with a dark personality, dark clothes, and perhaps dark thoughts? She seems like a challenge. But I'm always up to one.

I'm going to find out who the real Janelle-I-haven't-got-her-last-name-yet is.

"Where did you get that bandana, Theo?" Ashton asks, running his fingers over his that was practically on his forehead. I wanted to tell him that it actually went on the top of your head but I kept my mouth shut.

"H and M. I got six," Gemma snickers from the backseat and I turn to slap her hand. "Oi, hands on your wheels!" She shrieks, her hand running over her bicep. I poke my tongue out at her and she does the same.

Ashton shakes his head at us, a small smile playing on his lips. "I'm the better Styles," Gemma puffs out her chest and I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Excuse you?" I scoff, making a turn. "I'm known for being the better Styles."

"In your dreams!" She slaps the back of my head. I jerk and turn to slap her head back.

"Woah! Seriously, Theo, keep your hands on the wheel!" Ashton's eyes widen as he stares ahead of us. I shake Gemma's hand off my shoulder, putting both hands on the wheel.

"I have an idiot brother."

"And I have a chips thief for a sister," I shot back.

"Oops." She smirked, shrugging her shoulders.

''Oops,'' I mock her.

I turn to the left and enter the huge parking lot behind the restaurant, making sure to park in front of the restaurant so that we wouldn't have to walk to our car in the freezing weather.

I turn the car off, Ashton and Gemma already out, waiting for me.

Gemma wraps one her arms around my shoulder and one around Ashton's.

"You two fuckers are the best," She exclaims. She stops walking and stands on her toes to kiss my cheek then Ashton's.

"She wants something," Ashton and I say at the same time. Gemma scowls, holding a hand to her heart in a dramatic gesture.

"I take that back," She gives us a pointed look. I laugh and shake my head at my sister.

Ashton's arm goes around Gemma's waist and I feel like a third wheel.

"Reservation under Janelle Cali," My ears perk up at the sound that hadn't left my ears all day. There she stood, in a black dress, high heels and red lipstick. Next to her was what looked like her father because they kind of look like each other.

I grin, pushing Gemma and Ashton out of my way.

"Janelle Cali." I say, making her turn to face me.

Her face falls as she mutters,"Fuck."

"Theo Styles," I stretch my hand out to her father. He looks at me then at my hand, accepting my handshake. His grip is tight and Janelle is glaring at me.

"What are you doing here?" She hisses, crossing her arms against her chest. "Stalking you." I whisper and her eyes go wide.

"I'm with those love birds," I point at Gemma and her boyfriend. They both stand in front of a chocolate fountain, staring at the thing with wide eyes. Gemma pokes her finger, making chocolate cover her entire finger. Ashton laughed loudly, admiring her finger.

"Wait, I though your name was Harry?" She raises an eyebrow and I shoot her a warning glare as if saying don't.

She rolls her eyes and places her hand on her father's shoulder. "This is my dad. Dad this is the guy that almost ran over me."