Victim.13

Janelle.

"I can't sleep." Harry's deep voice rang through my ears. I was about to sleep, the heaviness in my eyes seeming to increase as the minutes pass. The steady rhythm of Harry's heartbeat calmed me down after the little incident we had earlier.

His other arm had made its way around my waist not long ago as he tried to keep me from falling.

"Sucks for you."I mumble against his chest. I hear his low chuckle, followed by a deep breath.

"Today's Thursday." He shifts beneath me, taking me with him to the side. "Big day." He huffs.

"Why?"

"Erm, I visit my father at the cemetry every Thursday. Yeah." He says and I nod.

"Mmm."

"Sorry. You can sleep now."

Harry.

After a few minutes of silence, she was out. I stare at the ceiling with my arms wrapped around her waist.

I couldn't help but think about my test results.

I have had this conversation with myself more than once, the same old possibilities crawling into the depth of my mind, possessing every single corner. I had no space to think about anything else.

Jane's body is relaxed against mine. She calmed me down.

I wanted to hit Ashton. I wanted to break every single bone in his body for making my sister cry. He didn't deserve her. God, he did not deserve her.

She always forgives him. Gives him another chance. Claims it's the last time.

Bullshit.

I had lost trust in him ever since he started coming home drunk in the late AM. The bruises on my sister's wrists. I should've broke his fucking face a while back.

But I couldn't do anything to seperate them. He was her boyfriend and not mine. I wasn't that brother. Even though she's older than me, I was always the responsible one. The calmer one.

It wasn't my place to make her decisions but I do hope she wakes up from this trance one day.

"What do you do if you see a man hit a woman?" My dad asked, locking his fingers together.

"I break his face?" I chuckle, throwing the piece of paper I had in hand.

"Yes. You break his face, T. Then you bring him to me" My smile falters at the nickname as I pursed my lips so I don't say anything. My dad is sick. I'm scared he won't be there. I love my dad. Please don't go.

Janelle.

I wake up too soon, feeling tired as if I didn't sleep at all. I'm cold without any blanket covering me, and the only source of warmth I had at night was now gone.

I'm alone on the couch, one of my legs falling off the edge. I stretch out my limbs, yawning as I did so.

"Good morning, Jane."

"Jesus Christ, you scared me!" I shriek. Where did he come from?

He chuckles and I notice that he's still very much naked from the waist and up. I point at his chest with a raised eyebrow, but he only shrugs in response.

"I have to leave in an hour," He groans. I sit up, tucking my knees to my chest.

"Do you want me to drive you?" I ask.

"I have my car." I nod in response.

We sit in silence, staring at each other. A smirk is tugged on his lips when he catches me staring at his face. I blush and turn to face the wall.

"Is Gemma awake?"

He nods,"She left two hours ago for work. It's eleven."

"Ah. What about Ashton?" I yawn.

"Left early in the morning. I wanted to hit him again." He smiles when I giggle, last night's event filling up my mind.

"I'll get dressed and we'll leave together, yeah?"

"Go ahead then." He nodded, finishing his coffee that I hadn't seen in his hand until now.

I feel his eyes trail behind me, imagining a smirk plastered on his cherry lips.

"Don't stare at my butt." I warn as I disappear into the corridor.

"You're no fun!"