Chapter 4: First Ever Reunion!

Start from the beginning

"Ruby... I'm not sure how much longer we can remain friends with you before one of the higher ups catch wind that you know about us." Axel says.

"You sound like you are mixed up in something shady." Ruby says and she walks ahead.

"More than your little real body can comprehend." Axel whispers.

[Later]

"I gotta check in with the boss or he's gonna let me have it." Axel says.

"That's what you get for playing hooky for forty days." Ruby says.

"You haven't reported back yet?" Roxas asks.

"Hmm? No." Axel says.

"Why'd you come here?" Roxas asks.

"I guess I just needed a little time to sort out my feelings, you know?" Axel says.

"I thought you didn't have a heart?" Roxas asks and the group laughs.

"Hey, your ice cream's melting. Eat up." Axel says.

"Okay." Roxas says and takes a bite from his ice cream, "You know, I started inviting Xion up here while you were gone."

"Xion?" Axel asks.

"I made her a promise the four of us could have ice cream when you got back. Xion... she's my friend too." Roxas says.

"Cool." Axel says.

[The Next Day]

Ruby arrives late since the teacher made her stay after. She hears Roxas and Axel talking.

"You know, you're more cheerful." Axel tells Roxas.

"You really think so? I was thinking the same about you." Roxas says.

"Yeah, well... I guess... Could your cheerful mood be because of a certain human girl?" Axel asks.

"You mean Ruby? Nah. We don't have hearts so... it'd be impossible to... even like her." Roxas says.

"Hmm. Really?" Axel says.

"Hey guys, I made it!" Ruby says and she pretends to be confused when the two look at her, "What?"

"Nothing. Nothing." Axel says.

"No Xion again today?" Ruby asks and the two guys shake their head, "We get Axel back and Xion disappears. No fun."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Roxas says.

[Two Days Later]

Ruby gets invited out to the spooky old mansion by the three kids that she didn't really talk or hang out with. She wanted to see if Roxas and Axel were in town. As they approach the mansion, they find their path cut off. The three others head back to town while Ruby looks around. She was about to head back too when she spots red hair connected to a body standing before the mansion.

'Axel?' Ruby's thoughts ask. She sneaks through the cut off and she rushes over towards the mansion. Her eyes widen when she spots Xion rushing towards the Heartless monster.

"Xion!" Roxas says.

"Roxas?" Xion asks and she gets sent flying by the Heartless.

"Xion!" Roxas says.

"Roxas! We have to take that thing out first." Axel says. Ruby's eyes widen as she watches Roxas and Axel rush forward and fight off the monster. They manage to destroy it and Roxas rushes over to Xion.

"Xion, you okay?" Roxas asks.

"Roxas?" Xion asks.

"That was so cool!" Ruby says and Axel looks over and sighs.

"How do you always manage to find us?" Axel asks.

"I was dragged out here after school by some kids. Spotted you from the woods and came to see what's up." Ruby says and she giggles, "Hey Xion, why is your hood up?"

"Well..." Xion says.

"Oh, I get it, you're shy in front of Axel. You don't have to be." Ruby says and she giggles.

"Let's head back." Axel says.

"Right." Roxas says.

[Later]

Later at the clock tower, the group sits together. Ruby realizes that for Roxas and her, Xion's face was revealed. To Axel, she had her hood up. The group begins talking and Ruby blinks confused as she listens to the conversation.

"What I got out of that is your sword thing... doesn't work anymore?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah." Xion says.

"Is there anything we can do?" Roxas asks.

"There isn't anything we ca—Hold on." Axel says.

"Did you think of something?" Roxas asks.

"Roxas can do double duty." Axel says.

"Hmm?" Xion and Roxas asks.

"Xion, make sure your missions are with Roxas from now on and he can defeat the Heartless and no one will know you can't use the Keyblade." Axel says.

"That's it!" Roxas says cheerfully.

"But, that means you have to collect twice as many hearts." Axel says.

"Collect hearts?" Ruby asks.

"Uh... Free them." Axel says and Ruby nods.

"Would you?" Xion asks.

"Of course I would." Roxas says.

"But—" Xion says.

"Friends need to lean on each other every now and then. Ain't that right, Roxas?" Axel asks.

"We're friends..." Xion says and Ruby nods with a giggle, "Axel... does that mean you and I are friends, too?"

"Uh... well... if your friends with Roxas and Ruby, then yeah, of course you're my friend." Axel says.

"Thank you... Roxas, Ruby, Axel!" Xion says.

"Just eat your ice cream." Axel says.

"Awe, did she embarrass you?" Ruby teases.

"No!" Axel says and Ruby giggles.

"You sound embarrassed." Ruby says, "Hey, what were those things you were fighting with?"

"You mean my chakras?" Axel asks.

"Chakras. Wow." Ruby says, "They are cool, but not as cool as the keyblade."

"Why is the keyblade so special?" Axel asks.

"Ruby almost got attacked so Xion and I protected her." Roxas says.

"No wonder she's got a crush on you." Axel mutters.

"What was that?" Ruby asks.

"Nothing." Axel says.

"Sounded like something." Ruby says.

"It wasn't anything important." Axel says.

"Oh yeah, sure..." Ruby says and the group laughs.