Chapter Thirty•Four. Hexed, Poisoned & Bitten

ELIJAH
{If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember}

🖤
You know you can't give me what I need
And even though you mean so much to me
I can wait through everything
Is this really happening?
I swear I'll never be happy again
And don't you dare say we can just be friends
I'm not some boy that you can sway
We knew it'd happen eventually
🖤

Nine Weeks Later...

She wasn't depressed, she wasn't sad. If anything, Arabella was confused. She was terrified of how any of what was happening was possible. It was physically impossible to have children, so her first thought was that the test was wrong. Everything was wrong, that was why she took the extra pregnancy test, that was why she had made an appointment, not that it would make much of a difference because it wasn't like she could tell anyone that she was magically impregnated with her ex-fiancee's baby, who also happened to be a thousand-year-old vampire. Yeah, because that conversation would surely send her away to a looney bin.
Plus, that was nine weeks ago, and she sort of moved on from being completely skeptical about who was growing inside of her. And because her appointment wasn't for another three hours, she sort of just stayed seated in a chair she had sitting by her front window, she wore comfortable clothes as she watched as Scott McCall run past her house. In the short eleven weeks she had been there, she had gotten to know the two kids who were always too scared to approach her. Arabella knew there was something special going on with Scott, she just never brought it to his attention because they didn't know each other that well. She watched him change over weeks and she knew it wasn't something to do with Lacrosse. Arabella couldn't put her finger on it, and the fact that she was trying to keep her mind off of her problems if she thought of Scott being a supernatural creature, then so be it. She just didn't know what he could be, it wasn't her business.
Her phone didn't ring as much anymore, but she still received text messages from everyone, more from Niklaus than anyone. She stopped reading most of them after a couple of weeks and even thought about changing her number a couple of times but chose to go against it because it was nice to be thought of, anything they needed to say, they texted her. So when her phone continued to ding, she looked over her shoulder and stared at the way it lit up, completely disregarding the fact that a roll of knocks had sounded on her door. Her eyebrows lowered to who it could be because the only people who came to her door from time to time were Scott and Stiles.
She stood up and went to the door, not nervous about who it could be, but she was still alert, that was why her sword hung on the wall right next to the front door. So when she looked through the small hole through the door, she didn't recognize who it was. She pulled back and hurried to open the door, and in the door stood a very good-looking man with dark hair and light eyes, and over his eyes were a pair of black glasses. He was almost emotionless when he looked down at her, and what he didn't expect, was for Arabella to be so short, or attractive for that matter.
"Hi, what can I do for you?" She asked as she let out a low sigh. When her eyes connected with his she didn't think he would just stand there and stare. But it was obvious that he came to her door because he suspected something that didn't sit right with him, what he didn't expect was a small woman to be staring up at him like he had lost his mind.
He was quick to come up with something before he thought of him to be some weirdo. "I'm sorry, you're just so beautiful."
"Did you honestly think that would work on me?" She rolled her eyes as her eyebrows raised, waiting for him to spill the real reason why he was there. "Did Elijah send you?"
"Elijah? No. I don't know any Elijah. Does someone live here with you?" He disregarded who Arabella was referring to, but he looked around because something didn't feel right and he couldn't point it out. Maybe what he was feeling was in her house, but all the energy was coming from someone who wasn't Arabella. Unlike Arabella, she looked like she was ready to smack him on his forehead and remind him of what manners were.
"Who are you?" She asked as nicely as possible, she was already emotional and the fact that a stranger was at her door asking if someone was living with her, like her being alone was abnormal. At least, that was how she thought of it. It made her want to lose her mind.
"I'm Derek Hale," He continued to look before he looked down at her again, then he really looked at her. He stared for more than five seconds, which caused Arabella to narrow her eyes. "Who are you?"
"You're standing in my door." She had to remind him. He was smug and she wasn't sure if she thought that was stupid or intriguing. He was there for a reason, and she wondered if he knew she was a supernatural being. And if he assumed that she was then he had to be one as well. She wasn't going to say anything until he did. She was trying to find peace in her new life but she figured that she wouldn't be able to run from it, no matter how hard she tried.
"That was before I knew what you looked like." He lifted his arm and leaned on her doorway. He couldn't find a better excuse and he was running out of go-to options.
"I'm Arabella Bonavich." She caved in, but only because he wasn't Elijah, or Niklaus, or Kol and Rebekah. It was refreshing to see a new face for a change who was as intriguing as well as fun to look at because he was indeed a handsome face. And Derek knew that. "So now that we're done with formalities, what is it that I can do for you?"
"You know what, it doesn't matter. I'm sorry to have wasted your time." He took his fist that was leaning on the door frame and hit it twice before backing away. It took a lot for Arabella to step out on her porch to stop him, but she did, because why he was there didn't make sense, and she was just going to bring to his attention what was on his mind because screw it! If he wasn't there for that one reason, then all she had to was snap his neck, hide his body, and go on about her life like nothing happened.
"You came to my door, so how about you tell me why you're here?" She almost touched him to get him to turn but the fact that she was on her porch with him, was enough.
"It doesn't matter. Have a great day."
"You're a werewolf, aren't you?" She took another step, she made sure that she was quiet when she said it, and she was sure to keep her distance, but the way he stopped and turned around, his eyes were glowing a bright blue, which she had never seen on a werewolf, so naturally, her eyes glowed, but that time they were red.
To Derek, that meant something different, to Arabella that was completely normal.
"And what are you?" He calmed himself before his face shifted, something he didn't want to happen in broad daylight.
"Lycanthrope," She sighed. She took a step back and removed the loose strands of hair from her face before watching his eyes go back to normal. "Would you like to come inside?"
He hesitated. For some reason, he didn't believe her. What in the hell was a Lycanthrope, and why did they come in extremely small packages? After a couple of moments before he chose to walk into her house, she closed her door behind him and crossed her arms over her chest, she was waiting for something, but Derek didn't know what.
"Stop staring." He moved his shoulders and fixed his posture, obviously feeling scrutinized by her staring.
"So do you shift on a full moon like the wolves back in New Orleans? Or can you shift whenever you need to?" She was eager to know. If there were different kinds of werewolves in the world, then perhaps there were kinds that were like her, and that made her a little bit excited.
"There are werewolves in New Orleans?"He couldn't move on to what she was asking because he was pretty sure that wasn't possible. He was positive it was his family that were the only wolves and none of them visited New Orleans.
"That isn't the point, so, which one is it? Full moon or on command?" She rolled her eyes, clearly trying to get him to focus.
"On command." He crossed his arms.
"Let's see it." She took her hand, palm side up, and lowered it then raised it, indicating her wanting him to show her.
"No, you first." He was joking but also not trying to walk into a trap. He didn't know her and sure didn't trust her. He didn't care if she was attractive or not.
"I'd rather not." Her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed as she quickly advised against doing so.
"Why not?"
"I really don't want to ruin my home." She shrugged her shoulder. Derek didn't get what she meant by that. He looked up at her ceiling, and then at her walls, and when he realized that Arabella would have to grow so large to ruin her ceiling. It dawned on him, and his eyebrows furrowed at the same time his eyes narrowed.
"So what is a Lycanthrope anyway?" He casually kept walking around the house, obviously waiting for someone to jump out.