Chapter Thirteen. Pups & Peach Cobbler

ELIJAH
{Breathin' by Ariana Grande}

🖤
Feel my blood runnin',
swear the sky's fallin'
How do I know if all this shit's fabricated?
Time goes by and I can't control my mind
Don't know what else to try,
but you tell me every time
Just keep breathin'
🖤

15 Months Later

Elijah turned his head in several directions as he tried to make out just how much sense Niklaus would need, to be dense enough to continue to hang out with Lucien Castle. He had been made well aware he was doing it to squeeze information out of the needy weasel, but please, Niklaus was an Original. He had other ways of doing much more horrendous things to get information.
Elijah thought that since he and Niklaus were bitter brothers towards one another, Niklaus was in search of a friend. And Lucien was the only one desperate enough to give him one. That was what Elijah thought anyway.
     Niklaus was fully aware of what Lucien's intentions were, the same went for the De Martel's. Elijah knew something wasn't right with Tristan, Aurora, or with Lucien. Whether it be a hidden agenda or mental illness. Elijah chose the latter. And quite frankly Elijah thought they had overstayed their welcome in New Orleans. The Strix included.
He needed them gone, but he couldn't begin to think of a way to get rid of one when he obviously needed to get rid of three.
Elijah was stressed over the course of the last fifteen months. At first, all he could think about was finding her -he could no longer bring her name to his lips again - and every turn he took, he came up short. He came to the conclusion she didn't want to be found and so he dropped it all together, and he tried to move on, tried to be happy, but that was nearly impossible when the Strix remained in town. Along with the devious demon siblings and the psychopath who happened to drive an even bigger wedge between Niklaus and himself.
But Elijah faced it, Niklaus and him weren't on speaking terms, let alone trying to help each other out in trying to find her; and it was worse when Lucien tried to give his opinion about the topic, clearly when it wasn't needed.
And Hayley; she was getting married. It was just a matter of days. The only reason why she was marrying Jackson, was so the pack would unite and have all of the benefits of being a hybrid. However, that worked. To protect themselves from whoever was responsible for the mass killings of the werewolves out in the bayou. Yes, a lot was missed, and the gaps were sure to be filled right when Elijah had the moment to think about it.
Elijah didn't bother to speak his piece to Hayley, either because clearly werewolf business was not his business. But he accepted Hayley's choice, and he moved on.
And more or so, he found a distraction in a newly transitioned vampire; she went by the name Gia.
She was interesting, but she was no Hayley, and neither of them was her.
Elijah had also been made aware of the prophecy, of all the dangers that were to come the Mikaelson's way, so he spent the majority of his free time trying to solve the puzzle in ways of trying to avoid it.
You will all fall; one by friend, one by foe, and one by family.
Elijah didn't really have a wide selection of friends, and he had one too many foes he couldn't possibly name or count on one hand. His family; the only person he could think of was Finn, but he had been dead for quite some time. He had been the one brother who hated the Mikaelson family more than he hated himself. Other than him, he thought of Niklaus.
Niklaus would do anything to look out for the well being of himself. He didn't care about Elijah or Freya, he could care less about Rebekah. Elijah didn't really want to point his finger at Niklaus, but his younger brother hadn't necessarily been doing anything to save his family from being killed.
Mikael was locked away in a box with a dagger in his chest all the way back in Cannes, France. He knew that because he went and saw him while he was searching for her. And no one dared bothered to bring him up as a possible suspect. No one had the intention of waking him up, so he wasn't at all a concern.
If Elijah were to die, his entire sire line would die with him. And at first that didn't sound like a bad idea, Tristan made it clear that he would protect him at all costs until the prophecy had passed. But Elijah was no fool. He also learned that Tristan, Aurora, and Lucien had gone behind his back and planned to get the most powerful of witches to sever their links to the sire bonds, that way they would kill every single one of the Mikaelsons and be rid of them all for good.
So Elijah made it his mission to find every witch that would be behind such a plan, and kill them all. It was also a way to keep his mind busy too.
That was why he was on his way to see Davina.
Davina had made herself clear that she wanted nothing to do with the Mikaelson family, after losing the one person willing to help her get Kol back; she refused to help anyone, for if she wasn't receiving help in her endeavors, then she was definitely not going to give it through theirs.
By that time she had already been made regent over the coven, and she was already making big plans; unfortunately for Elijah, he didn't know she had already struck a deal with Tristan to get Kol back, but in exchange, she had to be the one to lead the spell to which would sever all sire bonds from the Mikaelsons. Once and for all.
Traitorous girl.
She also didn't know it was a rouse, but she also had nothing left to lose.