THIRTEEN , GAME ON

Start from the beginning

Stiles smiled at her, "promise to cheer me on?"

Harper pulled out her pinkie, linking it with his eyes, "pinkie promise. Now, go on, Stilinski."

With a blissful grin on his face, it was as if any threats of the supernatural had vanished from Stiles mind. He turned around and began to jog out onto the field, ignoring Coach who was telling him to 'get a move on, rather than make out with his girlfriend in the corner'.

Harper moved up onto the stands, rubbing her hands together in an attempt to warm herself up. She exhaled, icy wisps dancing in the air. She just prayed that her friends would be okay.

The whistle blew for the second time- indicating the start of the game.

It started off pretty badly, to say the least. As soon as it started, Devenford Prep had managed to snatch the ball from Liam, sending him straight to the ground with a loud thump. They threw it to the goal, getting it straight in. Liam climbed up off of the ground, his stance clearly portraying anger.

Harper watched anxiously as he ripped off his helmet, throwing it on the grass. He glared at the two guys that had been ganging up on him, tearing his gloves off next. Scott and Isaac were there in a second, pulling him back to stop him from attacking them.

As soon as Liam had calmed back down, the game started again. Stiles grabbed the ball, making Harper stand up and cheer for him. He threw it to Kira, who caught it with a proud smile. She weaved in and out of all of the boys much taller than her, cradling the ball in the net.

"Pass it!" Coach Finnstock yelled, "Kira, pass the ball!"

Ignoring the teacher, Kira did some sort of twirl and threw it as hard as she could- the ball hitting straight into the back of the goal. Harper stood up to cheer alongside the rest of Beacon Hills' students, glad that they had made their first goal.

"Yukimura!" Coach yelled, his angry tone a contrast to the rest of the scene, "get over here!"

Kira ran over, beaming as she took off her helmet.

"Take a seat, you're benched for the rest of the game," Coach pointed to the bench behind him.

"What? Why?"

"You didn't pass," Finnstock reminded her bluntly.

"I had an open shot!" The Japanese girl claimed.

"The play was for you to pass," he shook his head, "this is a scrimmage. It's about teamwork, Yukimura. So, you're benched."

Kira's shoulders sagged in defeat as she made her way over to the bench. Harper frowned, although she was secretly thankful that one of her friends was off the field. It meat that Garrett couldn't get to her so easily. The brunette jumped up from her seat, moving down the rows until she sat down next to Kira.

She put a hand on her back, "don't worry about it, Kira. Next time you'll know what to do."

Kira sighed but nodded, trying to remain as optimistic as she could. Scott sent her a sympathetic smile before he got distracted by Garrett who was staring at him.

Halfway through the game, as the ball flew up into the air, Scott, Liam and Brett Tabolt- a boy from Devenford Prep- all dove for it, resulting in them colliding and getting sent straight to the floor. Harper winced at the breathlessness she experienced in her chest, watching as Brett rolled around on the grass, crying out in agony. She could tell he had also hurt his leg.