His touch was like fire, and I softly smiled. Suddenly, he looked embarrassed and quickly removed his finger. Clearing his throat, he nodded toward the receptionist. "You better follow her."

~~~~~~~~

"Lindsey?" Someone asked. "Lindsey, can you hear me?"

I slowly opened my eyes, and spots swarm in front of them. My vision felt funny. I tried to speak, but something was blocking my voice. My brow furrowed in confusion.

"What-?" My word came out thick. I didn't understand why.

"Lindsey. Lindsey, listen."

A short, Asian women was talking to me.

"Oh, no! I've been deported to Japan?!" I wailed.

Her brow furrowed, and my comment earned some smiles from her co. helpers.

"No, no honey. You've just had your wisdom teeth removed. Your mouth is going to be a bit uncomfortable like this for a couple of hours, okay? But I want you to keep this ice on it." She said, someone handing her an ice pack.

I grabbed the ice pack, and placed it against my cheek. I sighed loudly in contempt.

She smiled, and placed out her arm. "Let's get you home."

I accepted the request, and let her lead me back into the reception area. I saw Nathaniel and squealed.

"Nathaniel!" I gasped. He looked up in confusion, then saw me. I ran clumsily, still dizzy and unsure of my movements, and threw my arms around his neck. "I missed you!"

"Um. Okay?" He patted my back.

The Asian women turned toward him. "She's going to be a little loopy for the next couple hours."

I turned toward her, and pressed the ice pack harder against my cheek. "I'm not loopy!" I sobbed, then studied her eyes. They looked like almonds.

"Okay, I think it's time to go." Nathaniel quickly said, eyeing my curious expression. He  put an arm around my back to lead me away from the  lady and out toward the parking lot.

He helped me into the car, and went over to the other side. He started the ignition, and we pulled out onto the main road.

I pouted. "Why can't I drive?"

He chuckled. "Because I want to live till I'm at least twenty."

My tongue seemed interesting at the moment, and I let it flop out of my mouth. I rolled it around, and let it hiss like a snake.

"What are you doing?" Came Nathaniel's amused voice.

"Don't laugh at me!" I exclaimed sternly. That just made him laugh harder. "Don't laugh at me! Why are you laughing?!"

He shook his head, and halted the car because of a red light. I looked out the window and spotted a homeless man. Rolling down the window, I yelled, "Hey, hot-stuff!"

He looked around, and smiled at me with a wink of his eye. The man blew a kiss to me. I gasped, holding out my hand and catching the imaginary kiss. The window suddenly rolled up, and I looked at the culprit. "Hey! I was making friends!"

Nathaniel rolled his eyes.

Then, I got distracted. Nathaniel is barely able to contain a smile as I looked at my reflection in the mirror overhead.

I frowned, cocking my head to the left. "My cheeks are fat," I decided.

He laughed. "No, they're not."

"Yes, yes they are! I have fat cheeks!" I wailed, and start to pinch at one. It felt like elasticity. "I'm like an inflated chipmunk."

He laughed. "You're not an inflated chipmunk."

I continued to study my face, and then stick my fingers in my mouth. "What's this?" I grab something soft and spongy.

He looked at me. "Oh, put that back in. That's soaking up your blood."

My eyes widened. "That's blood?!" I rolled down the window, and tossed it out.

"Lindsey! Why'd you do that?"

"It was in the way."

I watched him shake his head, pulling into a parking space. "Okay, well were home now so let's just get you inside."

He walked around to the other side of the car and opened the door for me. Holding out a hand, I shook my head. "I'm too fat!"

He rolled his eyes. "You're like, ten pounds."

I gasped. "Ten pounds?"

He shook his head, and grabbed my hand. I feebly got out of the car, and let him lead me up stairs an into an apartment. Once I get inside, I sat down on a couch.

"Where am I?"

He came over with a cup of water. "This is where you live."

I shook my head, than gasped. "Are you kidnapping me?"

He ignored me and handed me a cup of water. "Take this."

I obediently took a sip, then watched him sit down next to me. I poked his cheek, and he laughed. "What are you doing, Lindsey?"

I poked it again, than gasped as if I've realized a certain phenomenon. "Are you batman?"

"Sure."

"Oh my god! Where's superman?" I questioned, looking around. I got angry, than upset. "Where's superman?!"

I started to sob. "Superrrrrmmannnnn!!" Jumping up, I ran around the table. He jumped up after me and tried to get me. It was like we were playing tag! I lunged, and he lunged.

"I'm faster than you." I proudly said.

"You sure about that?"

I nodded solemnly. "I'm going to the Olympics."

He suddenly jumped at me, taking me by surprise and slinking an arm around my stomach.

Nate gently carried me to the couch, and placed me down. I was deep in thought, as he took out his phone and scrolled through his News Feed.

"Nathaniel?" I asked, my voice thick with cotton.

"Mm?"

"Why don't you like me?"

He froze, and looked up. "Why would you think that?"

I shrugged. "You never talk to me. And I like you, but Shh!" I said, putting a lazy finger to his lips to usher him, "I don't want Lindsey to know I told you.." I looked around, making sure she wasn't there. Phew.

He cocked his head, his eyes wide. "You- I mean, Lindsey likes me?"

I nodded. "Oh yeah. A lot. A lot, a lot, alot, a lot, a lot, a lot."

He pressed his lips together.

"You know what's a weird word?" I asked. "Snorkel. Nothing rhymes with it! Snorkel." I laughed.

"Snorkel!"

He looked at me, and murmured."Yeah, weird word."