Chapter 8

Edited

“I had visions. This baby is a witch and that is why I had visions of all the Mikaelsons. I have seen everything you all have been through. Especially, this sweet but strong girl”, Elena smiled sadly at Hope and she returned the smile.

Elijah was surprised and completely shocked on hearing this. This meant that Elena knew of all things he went through. He started feeling guilty remembering the painful moments of his life.

“Don’t beat up yourself Elijah, I felt happy knowing that I could still see you and feel you from afar”, Elena told him looking at his guilty eyes.

“And also, I wasn’t alone, I had our child and your parents with me. Esther and Mikael have helped me a lot through all these years and treated me like their daughter. They visited me through visions to help me gain my strength and just accompany me, so that I don’t feel lonely.”

Esther smiled at Elena.

"What I still don’t understand is that how is the baby not born yet?", Klaus asked interrupting her explanation.

“I performed a spell, an old spell given by the witches on the other side to slow down the baby’s growth just like a witch can stop herself from aging”, Esther answered Klaus’s question.

“Why Elijah and Elena? Why not choose someone else like Finn or Kol?“, Klaus asked suddenly interested.

“Elena and Elijah share a very special connection Niklaus, they have also suffered more than the others.

They both have been through a lot and still remain strong, I admire their strength and maturity. Elena and Elijah are both compassionate, kind and they would do anything to protect their family and loved ones. You know this better than me, don’t you Niklaus?“, Esther replied glaring at Klaus.

"So, this means I am going to be a father?", Elijah asked still in disbelief.

“Yes Elijah, yes you are. We are going to be parents”, Elena said smiling.

“Congratulations Uncle, you deserve it”, Hope hugged her uncle.

“Congratulations, brother. This means your tool works just fine”, Klaus teased his elder brother.

Elena blushed deeply while Elijah glared at his brother.

“Watch your mouth, Niklaus!”