Chapter 7

Edited

“Eighteen years ago, Elijah and I were secretly dating since Damon and I broke up. He wanted to be with Bonnie.”

“Is that why you were with me, Elena?”

“Of course not Elijah, I really felt connected to you. Our connection was far more deeper than my connection with Damon.”

“Continue please, doppelganger.”

“She has a name, Niklaus”, Esther scolded her younger son.

Hope giggled at her father’s antics.

"A week after we um --you know did it , Elijah had to leave for New Orleans as soon as he got to know about your situation with Hayley ", Elena said Hayley’s name as if it burnt her mouth.

Elena’s obvious distaste for Hayley didn’t go unnoticed by Elijah or Hope.

“He did not want me to go with him because it wasn’t safe for me since I was a human at the time and New Orleans is a well-known vampire central. So I stayed back in Mystic Falls. Another week passed by and I started feeling sick, I couldn’t even stomach anything except for crackers and water.

The next day Caroline and I went to the doctor to check if I had some stomach bug and that is when I got the biggest shock of my life knowing that I was two weeks pregnant. I knew it was yours since I had only been with you in the past six months at the time.”

"Why didn’t you call me then, Elena? " , Elijah asked slightly hurt.

“I wanted to, but I didn’t want to stress you out even more than you already were. So I decided to wait until you returned to meet me the following week. While I waited, I attended Jo and Alaric’s wedding, two days later, where a sociopath witch named Kai linked me to Bonnie and put me under a sleeping curse.”

“Wait, what?”

"Yes, a sleeping curse. So, unless Bonnie died, I couldn’t wake up from the curse. And Damon had some feelings for Bonnie so he couldn’t really kill her."

"So when I called that week, you were under a curse? ", Elijah growled

“Yes, I was”, Elena nodded.

“When I called you, Damon picked it up and told me you were dead. He even sent me pictures of you in a coffin. I still didn’t believe him, so I called your friend, Ms. Bennet.
She confirmed what Damon informed me about you being dead. I wanted to come and see you personally, but the problems in New Orleans never ceased. I am really sorry Elena, I believed them and did nothing to wake you up”, Elijah said regretfully.

He was so angry at the older Salvatore that he really wanted to rip his throat out along with that Bennet witch.

“It is alright Elijah, you didn’t know the truth. And I know about everything that you were told and also about your New Orleans’ problems”, Elena gave him a small smile.

“How is that possible, lovely?“, Elijah asked