Chapter 29

Christina POV

We basically spend the last twenty minutes of our trip, me listening to music and looking at pics I took, Miné sleeping.
I'm sure I would have regretted not coming this weekend.

No music.
No madness.
No Miné.
No Chris.
No Martin.

Well. I made the right decision.

A bell ring makes me turn off the music.

'Next station: Amsterdam Centraal. End of this ride.'

Looking out of the window I spot the first canals and tipical Netherlands houses. I think the train will stop in a few minutes.

Waking up my best friend I start to gather up all my belongings, and she takes her baggage too.

The train stops at the station and the doors open.

We are home.... I missed this air, even if it was for just five days.

"Did you take everything from your seat?" I ask her.

She nods, holding her new diary that I know she's going to to keep as an obsession.
We reach for the train station exit, where Chris is supposed to be waiting for us.
But he isn't here.

"Can you see him Miné?"

"No..." she answers standing on her tiptoes.

"Mhhh.... Maybe he's just in the parking lot"

"Let's wait another five minutes. Then I'm going to call him"

....

Chris POV

I ring the doorbell at my parents' house. Which is my house too but nevermind.

The fact that bothers me is that I don't see my car into the gates.
Don't tell me that my mother used it to go to the supermarket.....

My mommy opens the door with a bright smile.

"Oooohh my little boy is back!" my mom greets me.

"Yes mum.... How are you?"

Then I notice her wearing a medical collar.
"Wait, what happened?"

"Oh don't worry dear. I had a small car accident. Nothing serious"

"Are you OK?"

"Yes, perfectly OK"

Thank God..... I leave my wallet and phone onto the small cabinet next to the door, then I take my suitcase in my room, which is upstairs.

I grab a backpack, put inside clean clothes to change in after the shower at Miné and Christina's and my watch.

I missed wearing a watch, since I didn't take one at Tomorrowland for obvious reasons.

Then I get back downstairs and look for my mum, who's in the kitchen as always.

"Mum, have I already told you I wasn't going to eat home today? I don't remember "

"Yes, you told me. You will have to tell me more about this girl. I can't believe you got a girlfriend in three days"

"I'll tell you more later. But.... Where's my car?"

My mum is kind of embarrassed.
"The accident happened with your car.... I'm so sorry. I went to use the brake but the car didn't stop in time and...... I crashed onto the car in front of me.

I'm so sorry Chris"

"Oh. Well..... The most important thing is that you are fine. I'll have to call the girls and tell them I can't make it. Maybe invite them here"