Chapter 1

Lex was freezing. Her friend wasn't moving but the snow kept falling. She closed her eyes to rest but a blinding light made her open them and saw others. Others like her friend. 

"P-please. H-help h-him." Lex stuttered from the cold. She heard clicking and saw some move to him. He was then lifted and one walked up to her. He grabbed her and looked at her, seeing the mark. She heard more clicking and one of them moved behind her, pushing her slightly. She nodded and walked on the ship. 

She was led though what looked like a maze until a door was opened. They walked in with her and she saw her friend, laying on a table with a lazer pointed at him. It looked like it was stitching up his wound. She watched but was pushed once more, hearing clicks. She was led to a table and she sat down. 

One of them started to circle her with something that looked like an x-ray machine. Lex heard more clicking and was handed a blanket. 

"Thank you." she said and warped it around her as the others left. She watched as the lazer turned off and saw her friend move, sitting up and turned. The lazer started again.   

"Your alive?" Lex whispered. Her friend looked at her. She heard clicking but also English. 

Alive. That what she heard. Lex smiled and laid down but her smiled faded. 

"What happens to me now?" Lex said out loud. She hear clicking and turned to her friend. He was pointing to the floor. She looked confused. He the pointed at her, then to his cheek, then to the floor. 

"OH. They think I'm one of you so I'm to stay here?" Lex said. He nodded. She gave a sad smile and looked at the ceiling. 

"I would have died if they hadn't taking me aboard." Lex said. She heard clicking. She looked at him. He was now sitting up and looking at her. She too sat up.

"I was freezing to death. If I was left there, i would have died." She explained. He nodded with some clicking. Lex sighed.   

"I wish I could understand you. I don't even know your name. and all I hear is clicking." Lex said, tuning her head. 

"Scar." She hear. Lex's head snapped back but didn't say anything. 

"Name...Scar." He said. 

"Your name is Scar?" Lex asked, wanting to make she that's what it meant. Scar nodded. Lex smiled. 

"Well, my name is Lex. It means Defender of men." Lex said. 

"Lex." Scar said. Lex nodded. 

"Lex...I teach." Scar said. Lex looked confused again. She heard clicking. 

"You will teach me your language?" Lex asked. He nodded. Lex smiled. 

"Thank you Scar." Lex said. She heard clicking but he they laid down. She also laid down and her eyes closed as she drifted into a deep but peaceful sleep.