Believe

We drove up in Colby's car and parked outside of the skate park. We hopped out and went to the trunk. We opened it up to see my black skateboard with a rose on it, as well as my matte black helmet, and elbow and knee pads. I grabbed the items out and looked at Colby as he slammed his trunk closed. He looked at me the those precious blue eyes. I had the biggest crush on Colby, but he was my friend, and I didn't wanna fuck that up. Colby grabbed the sides of my face like he usually did before I skated.

"Are you ready?"

"Always." Normally he would just pat my head and we would move on, but this time, he pulled me in and hugged my around my shoulders. For a second, I was stiff, I didn't know what was happening. But after a moment. I softened, and put my arms around his waist. Suddenly he let go and looked at me and little shocked because of what he just did.

"Sorry, I just care about you, so much so that I figured I give you a little hug." He smiled and I smiled back politely.

"It's cool dude, but I do have one question."

"Shoot."

"Do I HAVE to wear my pads and helmet today? I'm getting better."

"Oh hell the fuck yeah, you're crazy if you think you don't need them."

"Colby, I'm not a baby."

"I'm aware, but you fall to much, if you were to get hurt while I'm helping you train for regionals, I don't know what I'd do with myself."

"Colbyyy.." I groaned.

"Pads. Helmet. On. Now." I sighed and proceeded to put on my pads and helmet. He smiled and turned to walk over the side of the skate park. I finished putting on my gear and ran over to him.

"Ok, lets warm up a little bit with some ollies and and kick flips. I did as I was told until I heard Colby yell "That's enough." I skated back over to where he was to talk to him. "You're a little slow today. Let's pick up the pace with those tricks."

"How about you get on the board and try it out yourself?" I held out my board with a smile.

"No. Now let's start practicing with your program."

"Colby, you can't not do this forever, you have to get back on the board at some point." I held my board out farther.

"No I don't (Y/N)." Colby said, pushing the board back down.

"Yes, Colby you do."

"(Y/N), quit."

"Colby.."

"(Y/N) STOP IT!" It startled me. He never yelled at me like that before. I was stunned. He looked down in regret. "I'm sorry, can we just please practice your program?" I nodded, and proceeded to get ready to go. I knew why he was like this, but everyday I hoped that he might've changed.

Colby and I met when I was in 5th grade and Colby was in 7th grade. It happened at that very skate park. I came with my dad to skate for the first time and I was scared. Colby'd had a skate board since he was 5, so he was able to show me the ropes and comfort me, so that's how we met. It was a little weird because of the age difference at first, but we got used to it. I was now a sophomore and he was now a senior.

During Colby's sophomore year, he got into a huge skating accident. He was at the competition that I was about to compete in. He was possibly one of the most talented skaters I'd ever seen, that's what made the accident so unbelievable. He was doing a huge jump near the end of his program and lost his board. Not only did he crack his head open, he got a concussion, fractured wrist, and two cracked ribs. Not to mention all of the cuts, scrapes, and bruises. He hasn't skated since. I still skated even though I saw the incident happen. Ever since then he's wanted to protect me, and he taught me everything I know. He's never let me take off my helmet and pads because he wasn't wearing a helmet or pads when he fell.

"Okay, (Y/N), you got this." He said as I began to go. I was messing up on this one jump. I would lose my balance after I would land. He looked a little frustrated every time I would fall, and his voice continuously got a little louder and more bossy. At one point, he just blew up. "OKAY! YOU KNOW WHAT JUST STOP!" I got up and turned to him in shock. He was so on edge today. I walked up to the top in confusion.

"What's your deal today Colby?"

"I DON'T WANNA FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE!" He yelled.

"DO WHAT COLBY?"

"COACH YOU!" I paused.

"What?" My voice cracked a little. He looked at me with full intensity.

"You just aren't getting this. I'm done." He turned around and began to walk back to the car.

"So what, you're just gonna give up on me?"

He whipped around to face me. "You should just stop, I don't want you getting hurt." He turned back around and continued to walk.

I ripped my helmet off and threw it down on the ground. "FINE, I ALSO NEED TO STOP SPENDING TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN ME!" He stopped in his tracks, standing there for a moment. He then turned around and began to briskly walk towards me. I didn't know what was happening until he reached me. All of this sudden, he grabbed my face in his hands and he kissed me. I was shocked. After we let out of the kiss, I was speechless. I never knew he felt that way.

"Never say I don't believe in you, I just don't want you getting hurt." He continued to cup the sides of my face with his hands. I grabbed his hands off of my face and held them. We stood there in silence for a moment until I connected both of our foreheads.

"I know, just trust me okay? I need you to believe in me if I'm gonna do this, were in this together." I lightly squeezed his hands and let them go. I bent down to grab my helmet and stood back up.

"I trust you, and I believe in you." I smiled and got up on my tippy toes. I pecked him in the lips and put on my helmet. I tried it again and I actually got my whole program perfect. I even landed correctly. When I landed it Colby cheered loudly for me. I came back up to the top about 10 feet from where Colby was. I flung off my helmet and kicked my skateboard  away. I ran up to Colby and jumped into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. We laughed in joy rand after about a minute he let me go. "You're gonna kill this competition." He smiled widely and pecked me on the lips.

"We gotta figure out us too." I said looking into his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Oh, I've got it figured out." Colby said with a confident smile.

"What did you figure out?" I smiled back.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Of course Cole."

(A/N): Okay so hi. I haven't talked them you guys in a minute so yeah. I really enjoy writing these stories and I love seeing the results. Please, give me any feedback that you may have, I would really appreciate. Also, if you have any recommendations for any imagines please lmk and I'll try to make them happen. Thank you to those who support my imagines, it really means a lot.

~Sage🌸👑