🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

__

After having another breakdown, I turn off the shower and step out of it. I wipe all of the steam off the mirror until I can see my own reflection again. I dry myself up and walk out of the bathroom. I took some fresh clothes and underwear out of my bag and put them on. I look at myself in the mirror once again, adjusting my turtleneck sweater, to hide the hickey and bite marks, and I still look the same yet I feel so different on the inside. Some of the painful parts of my body are fading but not completely.

I brush my hair and then I can feel slight anger inside of me. I tried to calm down but I can't help but remember everything last night. Then I just stopped brushing my hair and took a breather.

Once I've calmed down a bit, I let out a deep sigh.

After checking myself in the mirror once more, I took a deep breath and walk out of the room.

I head downstairs and I start to feel the heavy feeling in my chest again.

I can't face them like this.

I can just call for help. But I can't.

It's like someone stitched up my mouth to keep me silent.

I walk inside the dining room and try to act normal.

"Aurora." Grandma Abigail. "Good morning, I was starting to get worried about you. I'll heat up your breakfast." She said as she takes the plate and heat it up.

I sit down across from... Steven.

"Where's Toby?" I asked.

"Toby has eaten his breakfast. He's currently in the garden playing with Grandpa Walter." Grandma Abigail explained.

'Hey.' My conscience spoke. 'She's right there. Tell her.'

I can't.

'What do you mean, you can't?'

I just can't.

"Okay, here's your breakfast." Grandma Abigail said. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Yes, please," I said.

"Are you alright, Aurora? Did you have a bad dream?" She asked.

I wish it was just a bad dream.

'Go on, say something.'

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired from yesterday." I responded.

"Oh, I see. You're not the only one. The gathering ended around 11 or 12. I could use a nap later. Eat your breakfast and I'll get you something to drink." Grandma Abigail said.

I nodded and she walks towards the refrigerator.

I look up at Steven and he grinned before pressing his index finger against his mouth, telling me to keep quiet.

I look away and try to eat my breakfast, even though I feel sick to my stomach and other parts of my body.

___

Grandma Abigail asked me to wash the dishes since she was currently talking to someone on the phone.

I'm almost done washing the dishes and then I felt something on my back.

Something sharp.

I froze, again, and let out a shaky breath.

"Steven, what are you doing?"

He tucked my hair behind my ear and leans closer.

"I'll kill anyone if you tell. Including Toby. And I'll do so much worse to you. Okay?" He whispered. "Answer me."

I nodded. "Yes."

The sharp feeling on my back is gone and he slowly puts the knife back into the knife block.

"And don't worry, I didn't put so much pressure so you're not bleeding." He added before walking away.

I breathe out and finish up.

First, he raped me and now he's threatening me? With a knife?

I don't even know what he is capable of.

This makes him more dangerous.

What should I do? 

I'm scared.

Mom, please come home.

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/26/2023