Ginny x Reader: Chasing Her

"Neck in neck, Slytherin seeker Y/n L/n looks close on the trail of the snitch, but Harry Potter's right on their tale." Lee Jordan roared over the top of the contrasting crowd. Half of them were cheering for Gryffindor. The Hufflepuffs seemed torn and the Slytherins were obviously cheering for you. 

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n" The Slytherins chanted. Sure Slytherins loved their house, but they weren't ones to openly show pride like this, it was a Gryffindor thing. But their confidence gave you confidence and through a split second impulsive move, you jumped off your broom catching the snitch in your gloved hand. 

That was the good part, the bad part was that you were falling towards the ground at a very speedy pace. You didn't scream though, that would seem week like that Malfoy boy. It was a good thing he had been made chaser by Flint. Otherwise Harry would've caught the snitch. All these thoughts swarmed through your head as you fell. 

Suddenly, you were being choked, someone had grabbed the back of your quidditch robes and your mystery savior was flying to the ground with you. You coughed and heard the robes begin tearing. The person sped up as you flew to the ground and stopped right before you hit. 

You fell to the ground began a coughing storm, luckily you didn't lose your lunch. When you finished you looked up, expecting to see one of the Slytherin teams boys staring down at you. But instead, smirking down at you, her red hair blowing in the near-winter wind, was Ginny Weasley. 

She held out a hand to you, "You alright L/n?" She asked. 

Suspicious, you hesitated. She rolled her eyes, "I'm not some house prejudice jerk okay? Just take the help." 

You took her hand and with a strong pull she lifted you up. You stood so close to her, you could feel her breath on your face. You stepped back, dusting off your knees and clearing your throat awkwardly. "Thanks." You muttered. 

Her smirk grew drastically, "What was that?" She asked. 

"I said thanks Gryffindork." You said, pushing past her to the Slytherin changing rooms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco was standing in the way of the Slytherin common room. "What do you want Draco?" You asked with a blank expression. 

"So, you and the Weasley girl eh?" He asked, but he wasn't smirking.

You glared at him and gave him a week "As if." 

Draco grabbed your shoulder and led you roughly into an empty classroom. He whispered harshly into your ear, "Don't say a word of this to anyone." He said. 

Then he pulled out a picture of Harry and Ginny. Your heart broke a little looking at the picture. They were both laughing, light pink dusted lightly across their cheeks. 

"Okay, so?" You asked crossing your arms across your chest, hoping he didn't hear your voice crack.

"Y/n, I want your help. You need mine. Let's make this work." He said.

You glared at him. "Or what?"

"Or I show them this," He pulled another photo out of his robe pockets. It was a cropped photo of...

Harry Potter and Draco....hugging?

"Uh...Draco?" You asked. 

He looked at the picture. "Oh shit!" 

His face burned as he pulled out a different picture. This one was you, kissing Ginny. You raised your eyebrows, trying not to seem embarrassed or longing at the mere thought of it. 

"Draco that's a fake. Just as fake as you and Harry."

"Y/n I know you like her, your just as red as me and you aren't even the one with wet dreams about Harry Potter." 

You looked up at him stifling laughter. He smacked a hand on his forehead. "Damn it." 

"Okay. What do you need me to do?" 

"Get them to break up." He told you.

"How am I supposed to do that?" He gave you a strange look. "What I'm not above the idea, I'm a still a Slytherin." 

Draco shrugged. "You make her like you." 

"I can't make her do anything. It's Ginny Weasley we're talking about." 

"It can't be that hard." He said rolling his eyes. 

You gave him an 'oh really' look. 

"See your acting like her already, go get her." He said, before walking out and taking away the silence charm he cast over the two of you. 

He didn't even glance back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time you talked to her she was sitting by the lake writing an essay for potions.

"Er, hi Ginny." You said. 

She glanced up, then back down. "Oh it's you." She mumbled. 

"Am I that bad of a sight?" You asked sitting beside her. 

"Well just considering the fact that I saved your life yesterday and all I got was a thanks and an insult..." She paused to glance at you through chestnut brown orbs, "Not nearly as bad as some." She concluded. 

"Well does this help?" You ask, pulling out your wand to make a water lily turn up out of the water. You pulled it out and placed it in her hair. 

She looked at you suspiciously. "Yes it does." 

She returned her attention to her work but didn't write anything. Finally she sighed in frustration and dropped her quill on the parchment, rubbing her eyes frustrated. She looked at you, "You know what? I need a break, let's do something." 

You smirked at her, "I'd love to do something other than sit by this lovely lake..." You paused. 

"But..." She began for you. 

"But you need to finish that. What's it for." 

"Bloody potions. My worst subject, I wish it was something to do with quidditch. It's just so much easier." 

"Lucky for you, potions happens to be my best subject." You told her, "Let me have a look." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny was a quick learner, it didn't take long before you finished the essay. But you ended up staying by the lake anyhow. It felt like seconds before the sun was setting. Flint and Wood came together to get you and Ginny. 

"Y/n, how could you be concerned with the enemy." Flint said. 

"But-" You tried but Wood spoke. 

"Ginny, same goes for you, L/n's probably using you for tactics." 

"They-" Flint interrupted her. 

"Let's go, we're skipping dinner." He grabbed your wrist and began dragging you towards the pitch. 

"Same for you Ginny." Wood said, mimicking Flint's movements. 

You followed after Flint, and that was the difference between Ginny and you. 

Ginny pulled away from Wood and you heard her begin arguing with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n, part two will be coming soon. I hope you liked this. I'd also like to say thank you all so so much for reading, commenting and voting on this, it means so much to me to have 60 votes on this story in so little time. You have no idea how much this means to me.