56-You Are My Sunshine

Start from the beginning

Steve Rogers was hopelessly in love with Peyton Stark.

-

Steve has seen Peyton Stark go through two relationships, both of them not ending good. After seeing Peyton overdosing in her claw foot bathtub, he only wanted the best for her-Well he always wanted the best for her. So when Peyton decided she was going to live upstate at the base, Steve wanted to make sure she always doing good. He'd make Sam go on runs with him earlier than usual so he would be back to make breakfast for everyone (but mainly just for Peyton).

She was always smiling around Steve, which made Steve feel so damn happy. Neither of those two happy idiots knew it, but they were so stupidly in love with each other. Well, Steve knew he had some type of feelings for Peyton but he didn't do anything. She just got of a shitty relationship and had attempted suicide. Peyton needed to focus on herself for the time being.

So they just trained together and watched movies together and well did everything together. Steve didn't push her and Peyton focused on building herself back up from the ground.

Steve felt very guilty as well. He knew the truth of how Peyton lost her chance at having parents for the second time. Sometimes when he looked at her, he remembered that Bucky killed her parents.

Steve just couldn't bring himself to tell her.

-

Four-ish Years Ago

Steve was going to have a heart attack with the way she was looking tonight. It was their first true date since they had practically made out in the training room and Peyton was looking like she always did: drop dead gorgeous. Her jeans were so skin tight that Steve thought they were painted on her skin. Captain Rogers didn't know she had suede heeled boots that went almost higher than her knees. Her black leather jacket didn't hide the tight red shirt that she was wearing. The jacket certainly didn't hide how much her shirt showed. It caused Steve to blush bright red, which was exactly what Peyton wanted.

Her red lipped smirk had him weak in the knees. Like it always did.

He tried to focus on something else, but there's a large picture of Peyton in some black lingerie, fire surrounding her hanging on wall. It immediately catches his eye because how could it not. Oh God, this woman was going to be the death of him. Steve felt like he was going to explode into flames.

"You okay, Stevie?" Peyton teased him, her green eyes sparkling with mischief. She knew he was looking at the large picture behind her. It was something that she had taken for some magazine and it was her favorite picture of herself. Steve was completely tongue tied, so he just offered his arm to her. She took it with a smile on her face, wrapping his arm in his and letting Steve lead her to the garage.

"I'm perfect, doll." He finally got out when he caught him breath. This woman on his arm was going to be the death of him and Steve was perfectly okay with it. He turned his head towards her as they walked into the garage, "You okay with riding on my bike to the restaurant?"

"Steve, I'm more than okay with it." Peyton says with a smile, taking the helmet Steve hands her. He climbs onto the bike first and she settled behind him after putting the helmet on. Steve felt like he was going to explode when she wrapped her warm arms around his middle. He revved the engine and over the loud noise, he could hear her giggle.

As soon as they stopped in the city and Steve parked, he got off and helped Peyton off the bike even through he knew she didn't need it. They were right outside a little Brooklyn pizzeria that looked like it's been there forever. Peyton grinned, setting down her helmet. Steve turned to her, almost excited.