Bizzarodale // Part One

The week started with our traditional Sunday morning breakfast at Pop's

The week started with our traditional Sunday morning breakfast at Pop's. Various breakfast foods were scattered across the table, with my bacon being completely devoured by my boyfriend before I even finished my french toast.

"So, what's on the agendas this week?" I asked as I defended my eggs from Jughead's fork.

"Well, something tells me we will have our hands full defending ourselves from Mom's buyer," Veronica answered for the two of us as she poured more syrup on her pancakes. "Hopefully we'll have enough time to celebrate SAT scores, whenever they're released and just keep it all together for one more week."

I shrugged at her answer, taking it as acceptable. Truly, Mom's buyer is heading into town this week and I wasn't looking forward to the confrontation, but we dug ourselves into this mess so we'll get out somehow. "Betty? Archie?"

"Uh, I'm actually helping Josie with an audition," Archie revealed as he glanced at Veronica nervously. My sister didn't even bother to question his agenda and continued eating her breakfast.

"As for me, I'm taking this time to relax and possibly get part of my life back together," Betty joked as she swirled her orange juice in her cup. "It's been chaotic these past two weeks and I could use some quality R&R while I have the time. Plus, I've come to a standstill in my investigation on Penelope. I don't know where to go next."

Jughead had taken over my entire plate at this point and was eating whatever I hadn't had a chance to grab yet so I just pushed the food in front of him to spare the reach. "Hope you're enjoying my meal."

"You should know to keep up by now or I'll finish it myself," He responded before shoving a forkful in his mouth.

"Fair," I muttered as I turned back to the three people across from me. "Well, as much as I would love to stay and chat, Mom has scheduled us a meeting down at Town Hall to probably rip our heads off collectively." I gave Veronica a pointed look. "So, we'll see you guys later."

Veronica and I slipped out of our booth after giving our friends goodbyes before exiting Pop's. Reggie was meeting us at our destination so we could all sink in our boat together. While I understood that Mom was frustrated, she was also being a tad bit dramatic. I'm sure the cost of the whole operation wasn't anything she couldn't handle. Yet, as I sat under her murderous gaze on Veronica's left side, Reggie on her right, I felt as if I had made all of the wrong assumptions.

"Since you three vigilantes took it upon yourselves to burn all the Fizzle Rocks that I had already sold, you are going to come up with all of the money to pay back what is owed," Mom decided as she set down her pen and glasses.

Reggie gave us a nervous look. "How are we supposed to do that?"

Mom gave us a sarcastic smile. "I'd start with the speakeasy's coffers."

Veronica shook her head desperately. "We don't make nearly enough to pay off whatever kingpin you're working with, Mom," She defended.

"Well, then I suggest you get creative, mija. And quickly. The buyer, who has a reputation for being dangerously unhinged, by the way, is on their way to Riverdale and they're looking to get paid back in full for the drugs they are not getting," Mom said.