The Man in Black // Part Two

possible trigger, please read with caution

--

"Hey, Savanna! This was outside for you," Reggie shouted as he entered the speakeasy, waving an elegantly wrapped box in his hand. I frowned but took it from his hands regardless and began to pull on the bow. "Secret admire?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes as I read the tag. "More like pesky bug," I sighed and pulled the paper off the box and tossed it away. The lid came next, along with the tissue paper, before I could finally see the content inside. "You have got to be kidding me."

Inside, as promised, was Elio's designer outfit for tonight. I grabbed the black top out and held it up. Reggie let out a low whistle in response.

I groaned and shovered the top back in the box before slamming the lid on. "Elio promised he'd make casino night a success as long as I went as his date. Said he was going to get an outfit designed.

"I know I'm not your boyfriend, but if I was, there's no way in hell you'd be going out in that," He said as he opened the box again and looked at the two piece outfit.

I scoffed, "Let me guess, because I probably wouldn't even make it out of the house without you wanting to fuck me?"

Reggie looked shocked by the suggestion. "No," He sighed, suddenly becoming serious on me. "Look, I know we're not the closest, but I can clearly tell by your expression that you're not comfortable with any of this. So, no, you wouldn't be going out because I can tell you don't like it and you would probably get jumped on in public. You'd much rather be sitting on your couch with Jughead than do any of this."

I took a deep breath at his almost brotherly affection before nodding in agreement. "You hit the nail on the head, Reggie."

He closed the box and grabbed me gently by my shoulders. "If you don't want to go, nobody would blame you. Veronica can handle this by herself."

"No, it's okay. I owe her at least this, after everything she's done. I'll be fine," I said more to myself than anything, "And if anything goes wrong-"

"I'm a call away," Reggie interrupted, "I'll be there, I promise."

I nodded, allowing him to wrap me in a hug to calm my emotions. "I'll be fine. I'm always fine."

Reggie chuckled at the statement. "Baby, you and I both know you're anything but fine right now."

--

I pulled at the skin tight top in a last ditch effort to cover my cleavage even the slightest, but it wouldn't budge. The black long sleeve crop top left me feeling practically naked with how revealing it was, and in addition to the barely-there spandex skirt, I felt pretty much see through. My hair was curled, per Elio's request, and my dark makeup completed the look along with black heels.