T H I R T Y S E V E N

Start from the beginning

The number on thing I hate about when I clean my wounds is the rubbing alcohol.

I sink in my teeth onto my bottom lip waiting for it to be over.

"Can you go any more slower?" I say sarcastically closing my eyes shut from the burning sensation.

"I could but I'm pretty sure you'd like me to go faster" Mason says deciding to be a smart ass.

"Just go faster!" I shout already wanting this to be over with.

I see him go faster through the mirror and he seems concentrated on cleaning my open wounds.

In that moment i started to notice how attractive he was under the lighting.

Mason is much taller then I am. About 6 something while I reach at 5'5. He makes me feel short.

His brown hair is alway in place, you can never catch him with a bad hair day as far as I've noticed, His dark green eyes always have a mischievous and mysterious tint to them, they always remind me of the Forest, the way his jaw that looks like it can cut my finger if I touch it, he has faint freckles across his nose that you can see if you look at the right place, his tan skin alway shining in the sun, the way he commands respect when he comes into a room without even saying anything.

Hell he even has Marcelo, Dominic, and Jakes respect and that's hard to earn.

I even get chills when he walks into the same room I am at. It's weird because I've never gotten chills for anyone.

Mason meets my gaze through the mirror and we stay in that position before I look away.

He doesn't say anything though. He just grands the bandages and starts to wrap it around me.

I couldn't help but watch him do it. He was so careful and gentle with wrapping me up.

"This is the second time, Thea" Mason says and I sigh. "You should be more careful with them"

"it'll be fine. This isn't my first rodeo" I say and just as I was about to walk out he grabs my wrist and spins me around until I'm up to his chest.

God even through his shirt I can feel his muscles.

That's hot.

...

"Promise me" Mason says caressing my cheek while looking down at me in a tone that leaves no room for an argument.

This could have been a sweet moment.....if it wasn't for my big mouth.

"Why do you care so much? A few hours ago you didn't care about the wounds opening" I say looking up at him recalling how he slammed me onto the wall.

I knew why he slammed me onto the wall. He thought I hurt his daughter and if I were in his shoes I would have done the same.

Something about the way his eyes changed from being soft and caring to dark and emotionless made a chill run down my spine.

I've gotten that look so many times but for some reason his affected me differently and I didn't like it.

He let's go of my wrist and that's when I take a few steps away form him.

"Fine then. That's the last time I try to be nice" Mason says storming off.

I take in a deep breath of air before I sigh out and look at where he was standing a few seconds earlier.

It's just a business deal, Thea. That's why your here. Nothing else.

Suddenly everything from what happened today came to me and I started to feel tired.