"Hi, sorry, I don't mean to just jump out at you like this, but I thought I would come say something to you since we live in the same building," he says.

I bristle.

"Did you just move in?" I ask. I've never seen him before that I know of, and it sure is a strange way to greet your neighbour by approaching them in the street at night. He looks rather friendly and easygoing, however, with how I've been feeling lately, I don't want to take any chances.

"No, I've been there forever," he tells me, grinning widely. My jaw clenches, as I try to pair him to where he might be living. Regardless, I can't find a place for him, so I begin to take steps past him warily.

"I'm sorry, I know everyone who lives in the building, and I don't think you do," I say, trying to turn and walk away.

He takes one more look at me, and lunges.

I scream, dodging out of his grasp, his fingertips barely touching me before I take off into a run down the street. Thankfully, I reach the door to my apartment before he does. Fumbling with my keys, I attempt to shove them in the door, trying to get my way back in. Looking over my shoulder, I see him running at me, that warm expression gone.

"Please, come on," I beg, as the key slips from the lock. I'm going to die. He's going to capture me and drag me into his car, and no one will ever see me again. I should never have ignored my gut feeling.

Finally, the door opens, and I dive inside, slamming the door shut behind me. Behind the glass, the stranger suddenly appears, banging loudly against the door.

They are trying to break the glass...

Stumbling back a few steps, I look into his crazed eyes, wondering how long he was stalking me for. Just before I was about to turn away, someone else appears at the door, dressed in all black, a hood pulled over their head so I couldn't see their face. Both are here to kill me. Both are going to get in here before I can get help.

It seems I'm proved wrong though, as the hooded man grabs the back of the boys shirt, and rips him away from window, throwing him onto the pavement behind him.

I don't stick around to see what happened to either of them. I turn around, running for the elevator. Not even looking back, I move up to my floor, entering my apartment to lock it safely behind me.

What just happened?

Checking my lock again, I close all my curtains and turn all my lights off. Settling into a chair in the back of my room, I contemplate what to do next. I'm for sure going to call the authority after I sift through my mind at what just went on. All I know is that I got attacked by someone who may have been stalking me for awhile.

And most importantly, someone saved me...

🖤••💙

If you guys want to read Noah over ten chapters ahead, it's available on Radish (:

💎••💎

I'm enjoying writing this story very much, so I hope you guys enjoy!!! (:

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼