"How do we know this isn't one of the Argent's plans, huh? Did you think of that?" Peter exclaimed, motioning to Maeve like she wasn't even in the conversation.

"Maeve would already be dead if they knew, Peter!" Derek shouted back, Maeve gazed up at him in surprise at his outburst.

 "Derek," Maeve spoke softly, trying to get his attention as she pulled on his hoodie.

"You didn't see her that night, Peter," Derek frowned remembering finding Maeve that night, the hurt on  her face, the actual pain she felt.

"I did, Derek! Either she has impeccable acting skills or is just plain stupid," Peter commented, Derek straightened up ready to fight, Maeve rolled her eyes at his sudden protectiveness.

"Both, probably," Maeve muttered, the Hales turning to her in confusion, Maeve smiled innocently "What?"

Finding silence between the Hales, Maeve finally got her chance to speak up "Derek, its okay,"

"Peter? Derek?" Talia walked out onto the porch searching for her brother and son, recognising the blonde girl stood beside them instantly, a sharp glare shining through her toned facial features "Derek, get away from her!"

Maeve stared up at the alpha in confusion, meeting Talia for the first time, easily noticing the resemblance between Derek and his mother, even in her shouting rage "Derek, now!"

Maeve flinched at her shout, stepping back causing her to accidentally stumble against Derek, the Hale boy holding onto her arm for support, both of their eyes glowing amber. 

Talia watched the interaction in shock, her face going pale at the bright amber glowing at her, growing at het brother motioning to the house, Peter nodded dragging a protesting Derek back inside. The large wooden door slammed shut and Maeve was left alone, fear and confusion floating around as she sat back down on the grass with a sigh.

Peter leant back against the dark wallpaper, his feet hitting the mahogany desk as his sister finally turned to them "Talia?"

"You let a hunter into our home?" Talia questioned harshly, slamming her hands down onto the wood as she leant forward "An Argent! Give me one reason why i shouldn't drag her back to the Argents letting them find out there's a werewolf hiding out in their family!"

"Maeve isn't like them," Derek argued, quietly, and hesitantly, adding "I trust her."

"You trust her?" Talia scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief  "You trust a girl who's family's spent centuries trying to kill our kind, Derek?"

Derek felt like his mothers insult was a blow to the chest, for him, Maeve wasn't who everyone saw her as - Derek knew Maeve as the girl he'd saved in the woods, the girl he'd like to be his friend, the girl that had done nothing to hurt him.

"Oh, Derek, you've known her all of five minutes!" Talia exclaimed, staring at the hurt written on Derek's face in shock, "This is real life, and I'm not going to let you get hurt because a pretty girl walks into the picture and you suddenly think...

"Oh, Derek, you've known her all of five minutes!" Talia exclaimed, staring at the hurt written on Derek's face in shock, "This is real life, and I'm not going to let you get hurt because a pretty girl walks into the picture and you suddenly think you're in love. In love with a hunter!"