six

Derek and Archie stood behind the counter in Jamie's dads new bar, moving boxes of glasses onto the shelves in the rustic music venue. Maeve bit her lip in concentration as she neatly arranged some tables, glancing up at Jamie on the stage for approval, the human nodded his head holding up his thumbs.

"How have we ended up the ones doing the real work?" Archie complained, setting down a heavy box with a huff, rolling up the sleeves of his Henley as he looked up to Jamie messing around with the stage curtains "Jamie, man, come on!"

Maeve leant over with a laugh, cheering excitedly as Jamie returned from behind the curtains, a karaoke machine in tow. Derek's gaze remained on Maeve, smiling lightly as he watched her laugh, distracting himself from helping with the boxes.

Archie noticed, rolling his eyes as he nudged Derek's shoulder, taking another box from Jamie's intimidating, yet incredibly friendly, father, "Could you be anymore obvious?"

Jamie's father, Robert, leant against the bar, nodding over to Maeve, "That the girl you like, kiddo?"

"Yeah," Derek replied softly, looking away from Maeve for a moment to turn to Robert, raising a brow as the human shook his head.

"Then what are you messing around for? You like her, make her yours before someone else does," Robert questioned, wincing as he moved to hold his ears as the microphone squeak echoed around the room, sending Maeve almost tumbling over at the sound "James!"

Archie scoffed, smiling knowingly as Derek glared over at him "The last time i said that, he went on a rant about how he'd hurt her,"

After adjusting to the loud music suddenly emerging from the speakers, Maeve clapped along for Jamie as he jokingly sang along to the music, somehow perfectly nailing the moves from the music video.

"After i lost my first wife, i never thought i'd love anybody the same again. But if i didn't move on with Cass, i wouldn't have Jamie," Robert informed the two teens, nodding up at his son, only to sigh in disappointment "I love that kid, but dear god, what is he doing?"

Maeve held her hand out for Jamie to help her up onto the stage, sliding on her ballet flats as she climbed up, rolling her eyes with a laugh as Jamie cheered, taking a microphone from him "Mrs Hale's joining me on the stage!"

Robert and Archie laughed at Derek's embarrassed groan, barley noting the smile Maeve sent in his direction "Jamie!"

Maeve danced along with Jamie in her own little world, her floral dress twirling with her as she sang, surprising the room that she didn't sound like a mangled cat, Jamie on the other hand...

Derek stood straighter in surprise, watching with admiration as all attempts at work had left him, solely watching Maeve as she sang between laughter.

A few songs later and Maeve was official danced out, leaving Jamie the stage for the final show stopper, Derek stood on the opposite side of the bar, passing Archie bottles of beer from the crates. Maeve tiredly threw her arms around Derek's shoulders, the Hale turning slowly to wrap his arms around her waist.

"You never told me you could sing," Derek reminded her, Maeve grinned up at him with a shrug, blushing gently at their close proximity.

"Maybe it was a secret," Maeve teased, lifting her arms down to wrap her hands around Derek's, playfully smiling at him as she pulled him towards the main floor.

"Uh huh?" Derek hummed, letting Maeve lead the way, shaking his head with a groan at the thought of dancing causing Maeve to laugh.

"Mhm," Maeve mocked, gasping quietly in surprise as Derek spun her around, glancing up at him with a smile as he brought her back close to his chest "You never told me you could dance,"